Favorite response pads?

It depends on how much you play. One application should be good for at least a month if you don’t throw 5 hours a day.

3 Likes

i LOVE “Ragos pads” the 1$ per pair pads made by a member of “Flipspin Yoyo Komunidad” aka the Philippine Yoyo Community.
Other than that, YYF orange pads and Throwrevolution pads. YYf and Throwrev pads are more expensive though, so i stick with “ragos pads” really lasts a long time, not snaggy, cheap, Tight binds (like literally on all the throws i have put Ragos pads in.)

2 Likes

Thanx👍

My favorite response pads are the CLYW Snow Tires. My only complaint with them is that they only work on CLYW Yoyos.

2 Likes

Silicone, just silicone and it makes me so happy! In the days when recesses were so shallow they wouldn’t hold silicone, I had hundreds of pads laying around, many would actually lose their adhesive characteristics even before I had a chance to use them. It’s so nice just to buy a tube of silicone and not worry about what size of pad I need, not keep track of what size pad I’m running low on, so yeah silicone! Sili for the WIN! :checkered_flag:

5 Likes

As soon as I need to replace a set of pads I’m trying my Monkey Snot or flowable. I have tons of pads in different sizes but I am very eager to make my own pads and not have to buy them anymore.

3 Likes

I like the Turning Point K pads and the C3 JP pads.

1 Like

And we’re very serious about our sauces.

Nobody is joking here.

2 Likes

In a related thought, am I the only one who just buys “standard” 19 mm and stuffs them into any 19mm or larger response pad using yoyo?

2 Likes

Yep. I just get standard or as cheap as I can find it and just stuff 'em in there.

I’ve never seen a bad standard 19mm response pad before, no matter how cheap the yoyo.

2 Likes

I tend to trust the manufacturer’s judgement and use what the yoyo came with in the first place as long as it’s still available. On the other hand, Duncan sili pads worked nice as a replacement in a number of cases for me. Sad to see them go.

1 Like

Yeah that’s interesting. Lately YYF are just putting pads in that match the colour of each yoyo.

Maybe this goes to show there isn’t a huge difference between the different response pads.

1 Like

I replace pads on new yoyos if they are too thick. I am only referring to responsive yoyos which I have not purchased recently. My yyf One and Replay came with pads that made them extremely extremely extremely responsive. I put in yyf slims and got the desired response.

1 Like

I’m still using my reserve of irPads. I don’t know what I’m going to do when they run out because I haven’t tried anything I like as much. I would like to try HKMT pads because they feel like a response to irPads being no longer available so I have high hopes for them.

5 Likes

Aren’t irpads on yye?

2 Likes

Eh we they are

yes*

They haven’t been in stock in forever. They no longer make pads. The ones I have were stock that were never put on another store and as I know the owner, he let me just clear him out.

1 Like

Agree with everything you just said, however the moose will not have those pads.

1 Like