Thin Crust
Mushrooms, oregano, and basically any sort of meat
Cheddar, Mozzarella, and Gorgonzola mix
Wood fired all the way
I like it crunchy on the crust and soft and chewy on the centre

And mushrooms
MUSHROOOOOOOOOOOOMS!

sadly it’s gonna be weird to place pickles on pizza

so… TIME TO RETIRE PICKLES AND SWITCH TO PINEAPPLES!

6 Likes

Call me boring but:

NY style with pepperoni.

7 Likes

I like thick pan pizzas and also those inverted pizzas where the sauce is on top of the cheese, Chicago style.

NY style is fine too but I gotta scrape all the grease off first. Luckily they fold into a funnel shape easily and you can just squeeze it out.

Yum yum.

6 Likes

My answer is yes to all pizza, I love pizza.

Pizza is like sex, even when it’s bad it’s still pretty good.

6 Likes

I’m making this my wallpaper on my laptop.

3 Likes

A good NY style pie isnt very greasy. A greasy pie is an indication that the place cheapened out on cheese.

The best way to judge a pizza place is by the taste of their plain pie. Does the sauce taste too spiced or is it just right? As I mentioned before, overly greasy plain slices are an indication of cheap cheese. As for the crust, is it crunchy without cracking in half? Is the crust a delicious goodness that makes you want to eat it, or is it dry and boring to the point where you leave it on the plate?

As far as toppings, it really depends on my mood. Mushrooms are always delicious and a good go to. Sometimes ill want something on the more greasy side so ill get pepperoni. And every once in a while ill crave the salty goodness of an anchovy pie. Honestly im happy with pretty much anything except for olives. I don’t even mind the highly controversial ham and pineapple.

4 Likes

So there is a Pizza place in Traverse City, MI called Chef Charles, they have this pesto mozzarella thing with Olives, Pine nuts, and Artichokes that is out of this world.

4 Likes

Pineapples. And anchovies.

5 Likes

Wood-Fired

In between thick and thin crust, not crispy like a cracker, and not super doughy and soft. Nice and chewy. If the dough is actually good and handmade, I don’t mind eating the crust.

Mozzarella

And my go-to toppings are pepperoni, black olives, and jalapenos

There was also this pizza joint in New Orleans that made a really delicious chicken supreme. I think it was mushrooms, red onion, bell peppers, little cubes of seasoned chicken, black olives.

Topped off with some good quality pecorino cheese oh, and it’s a date.

Also, it’s hard to beat the classic cheese pizza.

5 Likes

NY style is my go to. Steak and bacon is always a good choice, also a chicken alfredo is a delight. One place I’ve been to in a small town in NW Iowa has brisket pizza that’s really solid.

2 Likes

I totally forgot about jalapenos! Such a good topping, definitely one of my favs. Im also going to agree with you on crust. It has to be foldable though, because that’s the way we do in NJ/NY.

There is also a local pizza place to me that makes really good “specialty pies”. They have a cheeseburger pie that is incredible. Also a “tuscan” pie with potatoes and sausage with a thicker crust that is to die for. Not traditional pizza, but delicious in their own right.

3 Likes

As a self proclaimed pizza expert, (and people have called me the pizza man) my pizza goes as follows

I like a less than medium size crust pizza, thin but not too thin

If I wanna go to a fast food pizza place and not a restaurant, sbarros is really good. Pizza Hut is the best popular fast food place. That place has good pizza

My dough should have a nice crunch into a good chew, it shouldn’t be a chip nor spaghetti. I also like an garlic like flavor on my dough sometimes

For cheese I love mozzarella, good flavor.

Like my sauce a bit sweet.

Toppings, nothing is more iconic than pure pepperoni
(Ham and Sausage are both good options too). My pepperoni should be like my crust, good crunch, nice chew, not over bearing either. Cheese pizza is also good.

Dipping, really anything. Ranch is good, I say BBQ sauce is good for a well cooked pizza. Ketchup is good on a dry pizza, it will make it sweeter and not dry, and is actually good.

3 Likes

Margherita
Grilled Chicken & Pineapple
NYC Plain Slice

4 Likes

You put your pizza in dipping sauce?

WOOOOOOOW

2 Likes

You had me up until here. Pizza snobs don’t do this.

2 Likes

I’m not discussing pizza with someone who has a pineapple as their avatar.

You go eat your dessert pies and keep away from me.

4 Likes

Only dip I’d ever consider, is the house marinara/ pesto.

Ranch and ketchup? Ketchup… and pizza… nope

3 Likes

The only additional flourishes appropriate for pizza are crushed red pepper, parmesan, and oregano.

3 Likes

Oe Oe

Better, @moby323?

I never understood the ham and pineapple outrage. It aint half bad imo, but I don’t prefer it to basically anything.

1 Like