Favorite Pizza

The best pizza I’ve ever had was a deep dish from Giordanos on a trip me and my dad took to Minnesota a couple of years back. It was a Chicago style deep dish with the sauce on top. Pepperoni and sausage.

With drinks and a nice tip, it was like a $60 meal, but we took half the pizza with us (was surprisingly good the next morning!).

It was worth every cent. Just for the experience of it all. It was my first Chicago style and me and my dad had a ton of fun on that trip.

I live in a really small town though. We have 3 pizza places. A local place that charges WAY too much for sub-par pizza (NO idea how they’ve been open for so long)…
As well as pizza hut and dominos.
:frowning:
/is sad
Dominos has a $7.99 3 topping carryout and my goto is a Brooklyn style crust, extra sauce, double pepperoni and either extra cheese or cheddar cheese.
It’s greasy as hell (especially with the cheddar) but damn satisfying. I love the thin foldable crust!

I wish I had more pizza options around here. There’s a town I visit about 3 hours away once in awhile though that has a place called Pizza Ranch that has some pretty good pizza. They have an all you can eat buffet with chicken and the best mashed potatoes and gravy I’ve ever had. If they don’t have the kind of pizza you want, just ask and they’ll bring it out to your table and let you take the first slice or 2 :).

2 Likes

Pizza Ranch is how I know someone is from the midwest. Casey’s Pizza is how I know someone is from Iowa.

3 Likes

Even the picture looks gross.

Deep dish isn’t pizza, it’s a dang casserole

1 Like

To each their own.

Also…

What a silly argument in my humble opinion. I mean…of all the things in the world to worry about and to try and argue about…

2 Likes

Thin crust. Crispier the better. I don’t want bread with toppings, I want mostly toppings.

Pesto is the besto, and I’ve had a pestonara (pesto and marinara blend) that was hella-good.

Start with crust.
Grotesque amount of pesto
Gentle sprinkle of feta
Armadillo-shell-like layer of salami
Normal human amount of mushrooms
Enough Mozarella to murder a large moose, like don’t stop until it feels like a war crime
Wood fired to crisp the crust and melt the cheese
Enjoy with a cola (whiskey optional)

2 Likes

I only liked this post because you’re a monster, and I appreciate you being honest with us.

3 Likes

Ey i only dip rarely

Sometimes pizza is super dry cough Papa Johns cough

3 Likes

Love me a stuffed crust pepperoni pizza from pizza hut.

3 Likes

Medium garlic crust with lots of sausage, ham, mushrooms, onions, and some bell peppers

I like a nice thin crust pepperoni pizza.

3 Likes

Nice and crispy thin crust pepperoni pizzas are amazing!

What are peoples thoughts on something like Tuscan Roma? (White alfredo sauce, tomatoes, spinach)

2 Likes

My favorite pizza place puts orange soda in the sauce.

1 Like

I’m a sucker for a classic Hawaiian pizza. Nice crunchy crust is a must. Other than that, I love bacon and jalapenos. Bonus points if there’s crispy cheese on the crust.

5 Likes

Oh duuuuude, I just saw a photo of a Philly cheesesteak pizza that looked daaaaank :drooling_face:

2 Likes