Favorite Duncan? Need fast answers

DKim, perhaps I, missed it, did you make it to the Duncan Booth? Did you have a good visit with the boys? Did you learn anything? Did you buy anything? Did you have fun?

The Torque is by far the best option.

YES, I really like mine.

I did in fact get something from the booth, I got a Strix, I had lots of fun, and I learned a few elements and a very helpful tip for one of my favorite tricks: finger spins. Did you know that if you lightly lube the finger spin cup it spins for much longer on your finger? Try it, it’s what watanabe does before his performances.

I have yet to learn finger spins but I will remember the tip about the lube. Thanks.

First time I’ve heard about the lube trick. I gotta try that! :slight_smile:

It really works, my finger spin time went from 10 seconds to 22 seconds, that lube trick is whatwatanabe does before his performances

10-22 second fingerspin? Video or it didn’t happen :wink:

I dont know how to post a video on the forums, but my mom timed me at Disney world. Just try for yourself and see

Wow

No I know it’s possible lol, but there’s only a few people I’ve ever seen do it.

I’m not saying I can finger spin like THAT, that seems petty crazy, I’m saying with the lube trick and my Strix, I can finger spin for 22 seconds

Did you mean on the Strix in particular, or just fingerspins in general? I can easily fingerspin 22 seconds on the Prestige… from a rip-start. :wink: Don’t have the accuracy to hop up and land on it, though.

I do mean the Strix in particular, but how do you pull start from a sPike? I can’t seem to do it

Practice. :wink: The Prestige has a dimple, though. It’s a bit easier than the spikes. The spike on the Amplitude is like JUUUUuuuuust shy of being able to do it properly which is a bummer. I can do it with great care, but then the spin time just isn’t there.

I’ve been trying it on a spyy addiction(I’m not supposed to play it because I’m trying to keep it in good condition for a long time) but the spike rolls right off my finger right before I get to the end of the string what am I doing wrong?

1. apply super-even pressure from both sides. This takes hecka practice
  2. Pre-squeeze way harder than you normally would to create some dimples in your fingertips. It helps!
  3. Don’t try to go TOOooo fast at first. Start off at a slow to medium speed, and when you can tell it’s unwinding smoothly, ramp it up for a fast pull only in the last 1/2 to 1/3.

The Addiction should be more than capable of the trick. I’ve been able to do it on any spiked SPYY.

Yeah, all it takes is practice, I learned to pull start on an SPYY Orbitron 5000, you could say it took me a while. :slight_smile:

Torque