Fat Tire 20/20 by One Drop Yoyos!

Fat_Tire_Feature

The Fat Tire 20/20 Retrospective Edition by One Drop is an updated yo-yo model designed with the guidance of physicist and collaborator Chris Greiner, known for his extensive research into yo-yo physics.

Through careful weight distribution adjustments, the yo-yo has been engineered to provide a more “floaty” play feel, despite being slightly heavier than the original version, demonstrating the subjective nature of this descriptor in yo-yo play.

Clear-Fat-Tire-20-20 Clear-Fat-Tire-20-20-02 Clear-Fat-Tire-20-20-03

7 Likes

A legit good yo-yo for anyone who cares to try something a little different.

7 Likes

Fat Tire 20/20 Test :crazy_face:

21 Likes

Seconding this, the FT20/20 is a sneaky banger

6 Likes

all memes aside this thing blows the original fat tire out of the water

this one is actually a yoyo

7 Likes

Coincidentally, I was playing my FT 20/20 last night, after swapping in AL flat caps for AL ULs and with Skyline III string.

It’s been in my living room rotation for several weeks along with Still Rollin, Yoshicuda X, atdesignlabs MONO and most recently Doc Pop’s Populist. Obviously, none of those are particularly similar to each other. I like variety.

Among them and my collection overall, the FT 20/20 holds its own as a monometal worth playing if you aren’t put off by its idiosyncrasies. It’s got respectable power and stability.

The wide, flat rim cramps the catch zone a little, but my only real problem with the design is how that feature makes it a little more awkward to grip. I don’t find it to be an issue in play, but if I was in a high pressure situation, I would probably select a different yo-yo.

I skipped the initial drop because I have a OG Fat Tire and the emphasis on the floatiness of the 20/20 didn’t really appeal. After some of the reviews came in I decided it was worth a try and I do think it is an improvement.

I don’t think the OG is fatally flawed, so I can’t say whether the 20/20 will change anyone’s mind.

8 Likes

Pausing this thread for now.

I think we need to remember when critiquing both yoyos and companies that there are real people behind them - both people who are creating and people who are enthusiasts about a brand - broad comments without pointed arguments or specifics are just going to be taken personally and not sure what purpose they are trying to serve besides making people upset about something they care about.

If anyone feels they want to share something else in the thread let me know - but for now I think its a good place to pause the thread.

33 Likes