20/20 fat tire vs OG fat tire

The specs are identical but is the 20/20 version smaller than the original version? Anyone have both and like one more than the other? Might look to trade various yo-yos for an OG version if anyone is interested as well.

1 Like

If you’re interested in buying at all Fat Tire Yo-Yo by One Drop – YoYoExpert

The original is available in the shop as well.

2 Likes

I have both, I like the 20/20 version better.

The OG has weight more concentrated towards the center, so it moves a bit faster, but as a result is a bit more unstable. I found that this throw was a bit unstable too unstable for my tastes, which combined with the high walls made it a little bit annoying sometimes. I don’t think this would be an issue for some people though, depending on what tricks you like to do. However, it does have more zip than the 20/20, and I would say is easier to move. Plays ‘narrower’ if that makes sense.

The 20/20 has the weight more evenly distributed, and plays much slower. It’s by far the floatier of the two, and I like it because it fits kind of into a niche of a throw that plays very well when you play slow and flowy. Plays wide, plenty of glide.

8 Likes

i like em both but they are different. og on the left, 20/20 on right. you can see how the rim is thick at the wall on the og and tapers while the 20/20 has a pretty flat rim. to me this gives it a much more “kuntoshy” feel and a bit more power and stability. i def gravitate to the new one, but i like how they both play.

12 Likes