False alarm

Received my order from their bgrade sale and i had to pay ~$43 fees though i paid all the shipping. My order was $210 worth but i cant get a reply from them about tracking or any further information. Please explain cuz im literally broke and unready for that pointless extra fees

I tried to reach them out 3 times but no replies

1 Like

Are the fees import duties/taxes from the local authority? There’s probably nothing the shipper can do about that now. I know some people put false lower values on their shipments to avoid duties, but then you don’t get coverage from the insurance if anything is lost or damaged.

2 Likes

sounds like you had to pay import fees. theres nothing the seller can do about that, as those are charged by your country’s local government due to postal service, and not by UNPRLD.

4 Likes

That will be your life lesson - know laws of a country you live in! Or they will screw you :smiley:
But seriously, you bought 5 (five) yoyos, paid $190 bucks for them, and telling us that you are broke? Then why are you buying more yoyos?

If they had a sale, then obviously they have a lot of work to do, packing items, printing and sticking correct labels on boxes, and dealing with a pile of emails. Calm down, and wait for a while.

5 Likes

ok i will

2 Likes

I saw this remark somewhere else as well.

The seller is NOT responsible for import duties and fees. If you live in a country that charges those (like the one I live in) then simply expect to pay more when things arrive from outside of your economic zone.

Whenever ordering from outside of the EU (where I live) I simply take in to account a possible 25% extra surcharge when ordering stuff. Often I don’t have to pay it and I consider those times a bonus. But Paying those fees is actually the law and you shouldn’t be surprised if you end up having to pay them.

For those who didn’t follow this story elsewhere. UNPRLD reached out to him and offered to pay part of the import duties which is incredibly generous in my opinion.

10 Likes

It was me

A tip for next time:

If you’re unsure of whether the seller would declare a low enough value on the package so that you can avoid fees, contact them and request for a low value to be declared on your package. YYE does a great job of putting a super low value on my packages automatically so I don’t have to pay any fees which is awesome! If the seller is unable to declare a lower value, for reasons such as the package being insured (most packages aren’t insured by the way so declaring a lower value will save you the fees without much drawback, especially since you’re probably going to pick the cheapest international shipping option), tell them to split your order up into different packages so that a singular package will not exceed the threshold for the fees. They might ask you to pay for additional shipping, so just do some calculations and see whether the additional shipping price is worth avoiding the fees (usually it will be, especially on expensive yoyos). The great thing about yoyos is that custom officers will never be able to determine the value of the items if there is no invoice inside even if they open the package because it’s so niched. They probably also won’t even open the package to check because normal people think yoyos are cheap either way so a low value declared for yoyos isn’t really going to raise any suspicion. Hope this helps!

2 Likes

noted. Thankyou!

1 Like

You’re welcome!

1 Like

Sir. I know the rules and I have been doing such transaction for a while now. I already phoned written petition to my post and still waiting for their solution. $43 fees charge is a lot for me atm. I bought this packet along with my brother. I do acknowledge this is all my post responsibility, not the sender. But what i wanted to say is I cant get a sigle reply from them ever since I paid my order. A quote for the track code is not that much time to take. One more fact is they wouldnt do as told to send me a half of the fund which is okay. Yep Its outta their job. I took no cent back from them unlike some people saw on bst

It is common to have to pay the duties and fees, it is not the responsibility of the shipper as you now know. I imported an accordion from France, and got a shock on the fees I had to pay before UPS would release it. Had to be an exact amount in a money order, no cash check or card. My money order was a little over,

Agent was about to say must be “exact” but I left quickly before the conversation. Would they arrest me for overpaying?

3 Likes

No, but you might have to resend and they might not cash it.

Also, for legal purposes…please note that asking to put a lower value on a package is legally asking a company to commit tax fraud.

You’ll probably never get in trouble for it. And the worst that will happen in most cases is that they don’t believe the low value and ask for a receipt to prove the value.

But they can make a big stink about it if they want. That said I’ve never heard of a case where someone got in trouble for declaring a lower value. And I’ve been buying and shipping international for decades.

1 Like