Fall Forest Throwing

Hey all. I love how peaceful throwing outside in autumn is. Nothing better than a yoyo and the sound of nature to unwind. I shot a little video of the G2 Reaper and me throwing it in a quiet local trail, let me know what you think :slight_smile: cheers!

18 Likes

Great throwing man! But tbh I think only one shot of the yoyo was needed up front, 45 seconds of very similar consecutive shots before the throwing started (without any music) is a lot to ask of your audience. Especially if there are other shots of the yoyo spruced throughout the rest of the video. Some low-key, fitting music would’ve been nice too, but maybe that was an artistic choice to omit it? If it was, maybe some continuous forest ambiance SFX would be nice, in order to cover up the camera handling noise/auto focus sounds. I also believe the actual throwing is out of focus at some points, so maybe adjust for that next time as well. Otherwise, really love the vibe - definitely puts you in the mood for fall!

6 Likes

I agree with @SR1. Great work on the video just cut out some of the “fat”. People online have very short attention spans. The more you keep it moving the longer people will stay engaged. Would love to see more videos from you.

@SR1 we need to see more videos from you too! Would love for you to document your Guy Wright trick journey. When you finally land em post in one of the trick threads :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I agree with what stated above, don’t get me wrong, I could stay hours watching steady yoyos on a bench, but for most people 2-3 seconds are the limit of attention. Great work on the video though, great image quality (just be careful with the autofocus on the closer shot). You’ve got a new subscriber! Keep it up!

2 Likes

Thank you all for the suggestions :), I will try to implement them in the future. It was actually your videos that inspired me to want to shoot my own. I love the vibe, image quality and lighting in your videos, looks pro! I recently got a new camera setup and have been trying different angles, shots, and lighting to see what works best. I have also learned a lot of tricks from your videos, including your recent meta green triangle! I love your vids, keep up the great tutorials!

4 Likes

I enjoyed this video a lot. Great tricks, beautiful atmosphere. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

I too love throwing out in the woods during Fall! I agree that a lot of the static shots could be cut, but I actually love the fact that the yoyo itself is audible during the throwing sequences.

Was this shot with two cameras or did you use just one and carefully edit the shots to look like it was filmed from multiple angles?

Also, if you do decide to add music in future vids, I have some tracks that I’d love to have featured in a yoyo video if you want to check 'em out. (This offer is open to anyone making yoyo videos!) The only thing I’d request is that I be credited for the music.

Ivan

2 Likes

I would absolutely be open to using your music! I would usually add music, but I left it out in this video exactly so you could hear the mechanical lens and the high pitch whine of the yoyo bearing against the quiet woods. I just have the one camera and edited multiple shots together :slight_smile: I wanted to experiment with different angles, I haven’t done much videography before and I figure the best way to learn is to just go for it! I’m glad you liked the video, thanks for the feedback! If you want to message me some of your music, we could definitely work together and I have no issue crediting your work :slight_smile: I made the music for my first video (Throwing the Covenant), and would love to have some more music selection!

1 Like

The reply above is for you ^ haha, I keep messing up my replies.

1 Like

Thank you! I’m glad you enjoyed :slight_smile:

2 Likes