Executive or clique?

Had a hard time deciding which mini to get as they have really similar specs. Would appreciate some input on how they play. Leaning towards the executive at the moment.

4 Likes

I have a clique but I would go executive to support docpop.

3 Likes

Having owned both (I have an OG Clique) I would have to give the nod to the clique here. The clique definitely plays like a larger yoyo while the executive feels like a smaller one. The executive is less stable than the clique and the clique’s extra width makes it easier to use.

4 Likes

Having both, I really like both. Executive and Clique feel similar weigh-wise - they both do not suffer from “rock on the string” syndrome that a lot of minis have. Executive is a little harder to land tricks with as it’s significantly narrower. Both feel rather stable for its size (especially the executive as it has some pretty beefy rims for its slim profile). The executive does feel a little better in the pocket due to slim profile.

Here’s a look at both of their profiles.

9 Likes

I was always underwhelmed by the exec. And I think steel makes a better choice for an undersized as well.

3 Likes

Has anyone here played with both a Clique and a Sengoku Masamini? Mind sharing some thoughts? I really want a Masa.

3 Likes

I have tried the original clique. Not the newer one. And i have a masamini.
I love the masamini. Its a beast. Its green too! Lol.
I dont know how to compare them sense I dont still own a clique. But the masamini is quite forgiving for its size. But its got some thick SS rings in it.

2 Likes

Masa has a beefier feel in the string but not too bad. It’s got some power with those chunky rims.

1 Like

I own a masamini. It’s ridiculously powerful because of its huge chunky rinks but it feels sluggish. It feels like a rock on the string being 65g for a mini. In terms of pure performance it’ll probably beat out every other mini but it’s not the funnest thing to play. It’s also not cheap either.

1 Like

I own both, and the clique gets so much more attention than the exec; now that I think about it, nearly all my undersize get more attention than the Exec. That being said, I have other throws in that size range that I prefer over either of the Exec or Clique, such as General Yo mini Star and YYF Heist just you name two off the top of my head.

3 Likes

Agreed I would much prefer a ministar 2, but I already own one and I’m looking for something new to try. Also want another ministar 2 but it’s all sold out :frowning_face:
I also own a heist which is really fun but the smaller than usual response pads puts me off playing it cause I really don’t want to order different sized response pads. Currently own some of both 19mm slim and flow groove response pads by one drop so yeah.

1 Like

Thanks for all the opinions guys. I have a Clique and have been listing after the Executive for a while; sounds like my yoyo dollars might be better spent elsewhere. Like on a Weekender…

1 Like