Even if you could would you come to Australia

It that a black widow? That looks a lot like a redback spider.

1 Like

So I would google what a redback spider looks like but honestly, I would probably freak myself out by looking at the picture.

1 Like

I have had a spider on my wall a little smaller than my hand before.

It made me question how to kill it. I didnā€™t want to leave a huge spider guts splat on my painted wall and it would take half a can of spray to kill.

I resorted to a light bashing with a broom.

1 Like

iā€™m really hoping you have tiny handsā€¦

My hands are the normal sizeā€¦

It was gigantic. I have never seen a spider that size since.

2 Likes

Yes. Black widow. My neighborhood is infested.

3 Likes

I live in central California. They are all over my garage.

2 Likes

We have a bunch of black widows in my neck of the woods too. Never an issue with one but my daughter got bit by a brown recluse a couple years back. That was pretty scary. As for the OP, I most definitely want to visit Australia. It looks amazing but seeing as how Iā€™ve never flown before I think Iā€™ll try a bit of a shorter hop first.

3 Likes

I always thought going to Australia would be cool until I saw your assortment of snakes and spiders. We have rattle snakes in southern Minnesota (about 50 miles from here) and reportedly brown recluse spiders (never saw one). Because of those types of critters and more (copper heads, water moccasin etc.) I donā€™t go much south of Iowa. The colder climate here discourages them and Iā€™m fine with that.

4 Likes

Yeah we have poisonous stuff, but itā€™s not that bad. You can live your life like a normal person.

3 Likes

Whatā€™s normal there = abnormal every where else. :wink:
Canā€™t remember worrying about spider splatter on the wall. :spider:

3 Likes

Just found out that black widow spiders are virtually the same a spider ad a redback.

I knew a farmer who was bitten by a redback. He said it was the most agony he had experienced.

2 Likes

Brown recluse is the one to watch for here.

1 Like

Seeā€¦just like Texas.

1 Like

What kind of spider did you lose that led to the post? Also, was the big one a huntsman?

1 Like

I think it was a white tipped spider. Those can give you a flesh eating disease when they bite, but not often. I believe the brown recluse can do that too?

I believe the large one was a huntsman, but its body looked a little large in comparison to its legs. I have never seen a spider that size before.

2 Likes

Wolf spiders can get to be the size of a grapefruit hereā€¦ i shouldnā€™t have looked at pictures of spiders before bed lol.

1 Like

Thatā€™s huge!

1 Like

We might not have spiders and snakes that are as deadly as those in Australia.

But we other ways to die lousy here in the States.

For example; eating even a small personal Cheese pizza from Caesarā€™sā€™ Pizza can often cause death in minutes.

The only known antidote is available at In-N-Out. If administered within 15 minutes. A Double Double with grill onions, smalls fries and a medium Coke can neutralize the toxins in the Pizza.

8 Likes

not as thick as one but just as wide.

1 Like