Entering a 1A Ladder Division as an uber n00b

Thank you Steve Jobs,

It’s still that new hobby honeymoon phase so I’m super into it at the moment :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well guys, I am now registered!
There is no backing out now!!

6 Likes

WOOOHOOO!!!

Good for you man! I’m really excited for you!

Now you best get 1st place or you’re really going to disappoint every single person on these forums!!

haha :stuck_out_tongue:
Honestly…who cares what you place. I just hope you have a ton of fun, meet some cool people and are able to enjoy the whole experience of everything!

Can you share a link with a list of the tricks on the ladder? I’m curious!

1 Like

Found it! :smiley:

http://www.byya.co.uk/showcontent.php?pid=15

1 Like

Haha how can I!
I can’t even do all the tricks on the list yet!

What I can promise instead is that, “I do solemnly swear that I am up to no good”
Wait that’s not the right quote,
I do promise that I will have fun, enjoy myself, and give it my all and try to get to Kwyjibo and land that one as well if possible before retiring off the stage.

1 Like

http://www.byya.co.uk/showcontent.php?pid=15

I’m bored and need more productive things to do with my time :sweat_smile:… so I thought I’d make this post for ya :). Might be helpful to have all the video tutorials in 1 spot.

1.) Sleeper: (3 seconds)

2.) World Tour:

3.) Eiffel Tower:

4.) Rock The Baby: (3 rocks)

5.) Elevator:

6.) Braintwister: (1 somersault)

7.) Trapeze:

8.) Split The Atom: (3 somersaults)

9.) Double Or Nothing:

10.) Mach 5: (5 rotations)

11.) Cold Fusion:

12.) Pop’N’Fresh: (2 reps)

13.) Skin The Gerbil:

14.) Plastic Whip:

15.) Eli Hops: (3 hops)

16.) Boingy-Boing: (5 boings)

17.) Gyroscopic Flop:

18.) Kwyjibo:

19.) Hidemasa Hook:

20.) Suicide: (2 reps)

21.) Iron Whip: (2 reps)

22.) Kamikaze:
Part 1…

Part 2…

Part 3…

23.) Spirit Bomb:

24.) Throwhand Grind: (2 grinds)

25.) Black Hops:
Part 1…

Part 2…
5 Likes

Congratulations on registering. Just try to enjoy the experience and have fun with it. Like my friend who convinced me to get on the stage that first time told me “What is the worst that can happen? It isn’t like Andre can take away your birthday.” (I do still have a birthday)

Have fun, try to stay relaxed and enjoy the entire contest.

3 Likes

Thank you so much Twitch!
This is awesome to have all the videos in one link so I can just keep going.
Learning the Eiffel tower at the moment.
Damn I should have not skipped picture tricks…

1 Like

The worst that can happen is I disappoint @twitch77

Actually, yeah you are right… that isn’t too bad hehe

2 Likes

Well good luck to you, cause as you know I’m a highly judgmental, critical and demanding person. I expect perfection from you and anything else is unacceptable!
But…no pressure!

lol :stuck_out_tongue:
Honestly…you could miss the first trick on the ladder and I’d still be proud as hell of ya for even registering and giving it a go! :smiley:

4 Likes

Boom! :blush:

8 Likes

Nice job!! :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

I have decided I am going to focus on the trick ladder list for the next 2 weeks.
To be fair seeing as I can’t even do all those tricks and even the ones I can do I have issues with consistency, it is a good target to aim for and stick to these tricks to learn for the time being.
Makes practice more structured.
The last few days my plan is to keep doing the ladder (up to the tricks I can do which currently is #18 Kwyjibo) and start from the beginning and go back up everytime I mess up.

Here is where I am at the moment :

1. Sleeper : I can do this! yay!
  2. Sideways World Tour : Okay I haven’t tried this yet due to low ceilings, but should be easy
  3. Eiffel Tower : Just learnt it, now just need to practice to get it ingrained
  4. Rock the Baby : Rock this baby!
  1. Elevator (Up and down the string) : Okay just need to practice keeping it on the string, should be fine
  2. Brain Twister : as long as I don’t mess up the mount by acciden should be good. Maybe I should thread the string just to be safe
  3. Trapeze : Yeah I think I can do this 95% of the time
  4. Split the Atom : Should be fine as long as I don’t get that once every so often miss on the split bottom mount when I don’t focus
  5. Double or Nothing : hm should be fine as I do this a lot, but there is the odd times I miss the landing, will practice more
  6. Mach 5 : as long as I watch out for the string getting shorter so I have enough space before I complete 5 revolutions should be no problem
  7. Cold Fusion : As long as I don’t miss the second threading should be good. The final land on the trapeze has a slight risk of missing
  8. Pop ‘n’ Fresh (2 reps) : Need to go learn how to do this as I haven’t learnt this yet
  9. Gerbil : Need to go learn this
  10. Plastic Whip : this should be fine 95% of the time as long as I make sure the string tension is decent before going into it
  11. Eli Hop (3 rep) : urgh… 3 times without fail… could be a lost life here
  12. Boingy Boing (5 rep) : need to learn this…
  13. Gyroscopic Flop (Half flop) : need to learn this too…
  14. Kwijibo : 50/50 coin flip if I land the second hop or not (also 25% chance I miss the first hop)
  15. Hidemasa Hook : no idea what this even looks like yet
  16. Suicide Catch : twice??? I can only do 1 like every 129 throws, quite literally.
  17. Iron Whip : no idea what this even looks like yet
  18. Kamikaze : no idea what this even looks like yet
  19. Spirit Bomb : no idea what this even looks like yet
  20. Throwhand Grind : Okay need to learn this
  21. Black Hop : no idea what this even looks like yet

My best case scenario right now is I lose a life on the eli hop, and either land the Kwyjibo or lose a life there.
After Kwyjibo even if I get that far, this is the furthest I can go at the moment

2 Likes

I’m right there with ya man!
Pop’N’Fresh was super satisfying once I started to land them. Took me awhile.
I’ve slowly been working on Boingy-Boing for quite some time now. I can do it, but it still doesn’t feel natural to me.
Eli Hops are another one that’s taking me a long time to get consistent at. I hit them way more often then I did a couple of months ago, but I have no confidence that I could hit 3 of them on a stage!
Kwyjibo is a pain in the ■■■. lol…I think it’s an important ‘building block’ trick to learn…but dang that second hop into the double or nothing is tough to get constant and smooth!

19-25 are tricks I can’t do yet except for the throwhand grind (24). Been working on that one for a couple of months and really like it!

2 Likes

lol same here!
I keep wanting to work on this trick…but then after like 20 missed attempts I give up and move on to other things. I don’t get how people can do it so consistently!

3 Likes

practice :wink:

2 Likes

I’m much, much better on green triangle or double GT suicides than plain trapeze suicides.

3 Likes

@twitch77 you should actually try a GT Suicide it keeps the gap open more then a Trapeze Suicide Jake and i think GT Suicides are much easier then Trapeze Suicide

3 Likes

Also, on the standard trapeze suicide, if you rotate your throwhand in the direction of the suicide, it helps keep the loop open.

4 Likes

Okay so the road to SRC 2019 Trick Ladder 1’st Place! (lol I wish)

Practice session (12/11/19) take #1

I skipped Pop ‘n’ Fresh, and Gerbil as I haven’t learnt those two yet, going to make it the next thing I do.

Boingy Boing, I haven’t learnt yet either, but gave it a go, seems to go sideways alot.
Needs practice.

Kwyjibo definitely needs practice :(:worried:

Suicides, yeah tried and failed bad, but I doubt I get to here anyway.

Black hops… lol I wish that bit was a joke, I haven’t even looked at a tutorial yet.

Okay so this is on record as my starting point, let’s get this down!!!

1 Like