Engines anyone?

Ok… I’m starting my new obsession of engines. Anyone worked on engines much? I have a few pieces of lawncare equipment to work on. Ordered a pacman screwdriver to tune the carburetor of a Troy Built weed eater and I got a replacement primer bulb for a Husqvarna 125b leaf blower. The small amount of work I do on engines will probably be lawncare equipment for now. This thread isn’t just for small engines.

4 Likes

I have built 7 car engines

4 Honda motors
3 Toyota’s

5 Likes

Whoa. How difficult is it to build an engine?

1 Like

With the right tools not bad, you have to check all your clearances (that is key) and make sure everything is TQ’D to spec

4 Likes

I’m getting the parts to repair a leaf blower today. Super excited. Praying I don’t ruin it. :joy:

2 Likes

Tinkering/repairing/maintaining engines can be rewarding. Have fun and good luck!

3 Likes

Good tools are a must! Watch lots of videos ask lots of questions. We will help best we can. Building is a fun and rewarding hobby (stupid expensive)

Built many Jeeps, trucks, Harleys, Rice Rockets, Pocket Rockets, Tuners…haven’t built a drift yet (Kind of want to)

You will have lots of fun!!!

3 Likes

Ever worked on a Ford Ranger? I am super excited to repair my equipment.

Where’s the best place to buy parts for a 2 cycle engine? I bought a carb tune up kit for a leaf blower and it was supposed to come with a thin fuel line and a thick fuel line and it only came with the thick one.

Local hardware store should have everything you need. Usually they sell bulk fuel line by the foot so if it’s not in the kit you can just get a foot (or two or three, you’ll use it eventually) of regular fuel hose in whatever diameter you need.

Ivan

1 Like

Cool. I’ll look into that.

If you have a NAPA auto parts store nearby, they will be a great option for buying various parts (including fuel line).

1 Like

Anyone heard about LiquidPiston engines? The only engine-related thing that caught my eye recently (other than thinking about building a lathe to make yo-yos of course).

1 Like

Highly recommend OLDER BMW engines, FCP Euro keeps costs down on the rebuild and they can make some insane power

1 Like