Encountering Yoyoers in the Wild

I met a fellow yoyoer in real life today! We stopped by Mall of America on the way home from vacation and ran into Ava, who blew our minds with some 1a and some fixie tricks.

Keep rockin’ the yo, Ava!

43 Likes

I’d like to hear the whole story. Please.

4 Likes

My partner and I had a little time to visit Mall of America on our way back from Duluth. My family has an interest in aviation, so when I saw a store called Air Traffic, I thought I’d check it out.
Turns out it’s more of a toy and hobby store with a good selection of disc golf stuff. BUT, they had a solid yoyo selection that indicated someone knew what they were doing when stocking product.
Ava was working there and asked me if I played yoyo while I was looking at the yoyo display. They asked if I had a favorite style, and I said 1a and fixed axle. From there, they pulled out their Jon Gates SE Ten, and we talked yoyo for a while before we had to leave for an obligatory pilgrimage to the Lego store. So cool to meet real life Yoyoers!

17 Likes

What kind of yoyos did the store have? Great story!

4 Likes

I remember Wedges and Arrows, as well as some yomegas and an assortment of metal throws in a cabinet I didn’t have a chance to look at as closely.

1 Like

Wonder if Ava is on the forum?

2 Likes

I believe they said they were. Don’t know their @ though

3 Likes

I haven’t been there in a couple of years but Air Traffic has had a good selection of yoyos in the past, as well as sponsoring demos and a club. This was all at the Rosedale store. I don’t go to the Mall of America :nauseated_face:

3 Likes