Edward Snowden: yes or no?

You do realize they don’t even look at your stuff unless they have reason, right? Reason in this case is a known enemy to the Country’s well-being or safety; like say if a terrorist emailed you.

I understand that this is the internet. I understand that you are likely young and feel invincible.

In spite of that knowledge, I am scared for you and hope you understand why.

Scared for my FABULOUSNESS.

I am editing out the part where I be obnoxious because I realize it’s pretty stupid.

On topic, I still don’t really know who this man is, but it seems like from what I know he did what he did for the greater good. (If that makes sense)

As an outside observer I can’t help but wonder why Americans believe that people such as Charlton Heston are considered heroes for defending the 2nd Amendment and yet Edward Snowden seems to be a traitor for defending the 4th, how easily you give up your rights. It’s got 1984/double speak written all over it! If I were to judge/compare the harm that Snowden did wrt citizenship security and damage done under the excuse of “the right to bear arms” I know which way I’d lean.You should not give up your human rights for the sake of national security.

1 Like

He is not a traitor for prompting the discussion.

It is taking classified documents from the US and turning them over to foreign security services that I believe is criminal. The Pentagon papers were successfully leaked to US journalists and resulted in a national discussion that needed to be had. Secret information was not transmitted to foreign security services for this to occur. Snowden could have easily prompted the same discussion without removing and transmitting sensitive US documents. Had he done this on domestic soil, to US citizens, I would not be calling him a traitor.

1 Like