"Edition Yoyo" Meet! Berkeley, CA

Hey YYE folks :slight_smile: Recently a couple friends and I have thought about getting together for a yoyo club/meet in Berkeley, CA. Usually we meet at SpinDox but thought it would be cool have another meet for those of us who wanted to get together more often or couldn’t always make the SpinDox meetups.

The goal is to meet every second week of the month at 2pm-5pm in Berkeley, CA by the Upper Sproul Gate/Plaza (throwback to one of the old SpinDox meeting areas). Hope to see some of you join us on August 14th, all skill levels welcome and bring a trick to share :slight_smile:

13 Likes

A reminder that this is coming up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Since @Gentry_Stein was in the area Yesterday did he show up?

1 Like

He was not at the meet, but it was still great fun with everyone else that was there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will there be another meet coming up? I just got up to Berkeley because the semester just started so I missed the first one, but I wanna meet the local yoyo people~!

1 Like

Yes! Sorry I totally got swamped with college as well. Lets shoot for next Saturday, September 11th, same time 2-5pm :slight_smile: Feel free to ping me on @editionyoyo on insta if you need to get a hold of me quicker

1 Like

AH! NICE NICE NICE!!! I should (probably) be able to make it!

1 Like

Just a general reminder! Tomorrow we are meeting at the same place, same time. Last meet we ended up migrating toward the tree on the right side of Upper Sproul so that is where we will be for now. If you have any issues finding the group tomorrow PLEASE pm me on instagram “@editionyoyo” so that I can help you find us.

2-5pm, see you there!

4 Likes

Some footage from the meet:

7 Likes

Hey Folks! Update: Saturday!!! October 16th, 2-5pm, same place as before. I hope to see folks come out and thank you to all of those who keep coming out and have came out in the past, these have been an absolute blast. If you need to get a hold of me directly feel free to shoot a message to “@editionyoyo” on instagram. Should have some cool protos for folks to try as well!

4 Likes

Here we go again! But this time its on FRIDAY! This Friday at 2-5 in Upper Sproul plaza, Berkeley CA. Come join for some hangs, bring a trick to share! I will have several protos on me so feel free to try them and share your feedback. As always I will have my camera on me to take photos and videos so just nudge me if you’d like a vid for your trickcircle feed. Thank you to all of those who come out and I look forward to seeing you all, Friday Nov 12th!

3 Likes

Hey! Sorry for no update this month! Everyone had some form of finals or other time conflict so we decided to do a super impromptu meet last Thursday. There will be another meet next month in January, probably on the 15th. Down below you will find 3 videos that were filmed at the last meet featuring Rodrigo, Alex, and David linked respectively. Hopefully you enjoy the clips and hope to see more folks in January! Have a great holiday season!

Rodrigo
Alex
David

Side note: If anyone has any questions about club, feel free to reach out on instagram: EditionYoyo or through here.

2 Likes

Update! Club was postponed a week due to my possible exposure to COVID, I have since quarantined and tested negative, Club will be moved to the 23rd THIS MONTH!!!

Join us at the same spot same time! I’ll have gear to film any trickcircle content for folks, so bring a trick to share. See you on the 23rd!

2 Likes

UPDATE: Looks like Spindox is hosting a club in San Mateo at central park on the 22nd 2-5pm, I think it would be best if everyone attended their club this month since the days are so close and I was planning to attend Spindox this month either way! Come hang out!

2 Likes

Sweet, that frees up my Sunday. For anyone interested in Spindox, the plan is to meet at #10 on this map:

3 Likes

Hey everyone! Valentines day is coming up and so is Club! This month it will be on Saturday, the 12th, same spot same time!

For those who are new, we meet from 2-5pm, Berkeley, CA at Upper Sproul Plaza on the UC Berkeley campus.

Come hang out! Try some yoyos and learn or teach folks a trick! Looking to see everyone Saturday.

2 Likes

Nats is coming up soon and many clubs are going to be hosting meets before hand.

If there is interest for some folks to meet up and film some vids, walk around Berkeley and get food before Nat’s. I’d like to get a meet going on Friday, 6/17, same spot as always. Since the days are longer we can delay to offset the heat and make a better time frame for folks who might have work during the usual hours.

Thinking 5-8 instead of the 2-5 that it was before.

4 Likes

Small update! Spindox is hosting their meet on the 18th, If there are folks who would like to still meet up for this one please drop a message below or PM me on instagram “@editionyoyo”. If there is no interest, I will be at Spindox on saturday.

Spindox meet information: Saturday, 18th, 2-5pm, San Mateo Central Park