Edcember 2013

My imperial has had a workout. I’m tryin to stick to it everything is just so tempting. I’ve hauled through so far.

Tempting is right. Oddly enough, I’m really craving kendama.

cool. If I get yoyos tomorrow I probably won’t make it. I will say my fixed axle has vastly improved.

I caved for about five minutes on Christmas Day. I’m loving Astrojax but the itch to play other toys is strong. I’m looking forward to the first.

Does playing with devil sticks count as caving? If so I caved.

Indeed it does. Lol. I’m struggling a bit, mostly because I’ve reached a plateau with Astrojax and I want something fresh to do. I’ll stick it out on principle.

dangit. Well Christmas broke me. I do love my devil sticks though.

I think the best part about Edcember and my straight imperial play was the newish perspective that it gave. I can tell I’ll have some fresh Ideas for tricks when I have an unresponsive throw in my hand.

I’m discovering a lot of Astrojax tricks then seeing them later in videos. There’s a lack of clear tutorials out there. I wish it were more popular. It’s like kendama in the sense that the basics are pretty easy then it’s super hard. Check out this guy. It’s like watching Guy Wright.

That’s a really cool video. Lots of 5A-ish stuff.

I’m anxious to revisit 5a after a month of Astrojax. The similarities are there.

yeah after all the Astro jacks you should be able to manipulate the dice better.

I’ll find out later today. I’m sure the yoyo will feel a little foreign.

That was a fun month :slight_smile: I’m glad to be throwing again. I’m pleased to have learned a new skill and made some new acquaintances as a result. Here’s to 2014!

Yep my play style is completely different. I love it. I’m happy I did this. It was fun.

No i didn’t post a video i got frustrated trying to use my iphone without some sort of stand… but i did stick with the No Jive till the year turned over.

what did I learn over the past few weeks
-How to loop
-New strings play better … after about 30 mins of play it’s time to replace cotton IMO
-Grandmas and grandpas like yoyo’s
-Loose string tensions isn’t all that bad…i had a moment when i realized “Hey i can bind it” and my mind was blown
-A super small amount of wax on the axle/string = a pretty unresponsive fixie … and the only reason i stuck with it cause i was missing my N12 much

my favorite part of the past few weeks… playing with my yoyo while “shopping” i entertained many while learning Kiwjibo … fail a few times… get frustrated… throw a ufo… do a few loops to make me smile… and back to kiwjibo… I would look up and there was usually someone watching.

but landing Kwijibo… the first time… i jumped up and down and celebrated like i won the lottery. I doubt it would have been as exciting with another yoyo in my hand.

I had planned on throwing somethig with a bearing as soon as the clock struck 12:00 … but … the no jive was already on my finger.

throwing my N12 today… yeah… this just straight up feels odd… its sooo wide haha

:slight_smile:

For me, practically every yoyo I throw feels awesome.