Edcember 2013

XD well, I failed anyway. I played with other stuff yesterday.

So, you’re challenging yourself by attempting to avoid any arbitrary skill toy commitments? Best of luck!

My first day was a fun one. Astrojax is an interesting toy. My biggest challenge right now is learning to use my left hand as equally well as my right for certain tricks and motions.

I can’t do it. Just got a brand new OG ava in the mail lol

Only 5a and fixed for me

well played. i have something of a problem with that. (66 rules, cones to balls, 365, 2012, fixed friday…)

You also have an impressive success rate.

Where do you feel your ability to maintain your focus comes from?

1 Like

Hmm…

I’ll do yoyo for a month strait. Wish me luck

1 Like

That’s a tricky one… Mind if join you on it?

I think he needs another helper… ill join you too.
Lol. i was going to do it with my left hand… but it was too hard, and i kept on dinging my yoyos. Lol.

Things have been good. I have gotten vastly better at both looping and stalls. This is fun.

A friend sent me a preview of a video from his club in South Africa. It’s only been five days and the video made me miss my Yoyos. Habits are funny things like that.

We are all creatures of habit just some of us have bigger and smaller habits that we can use accordingly where some can be more focused and others less when it comes to specifics like this To stay the course with one discipline or not.

Thanks Waylon and Ed for an introguing thread and an idea to focus on a weakness to make it a strength instead !

I may be in a minority here, but I think Ed’s 2012 was beyond impressive. I rarely use just one yoyo during a session or a day, let alone an entire year. So, this Edcember thing is a tip of the hat and an opportunity to, as you said, strengthen a weakness. There are other reasons for doing it and other benefits. Mostly it’s just for fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

Landed my mx sport Astrojax in a sink full of dirty dishes this morning :confused:

Edit: twice.

I’m late to the game… but ill jump in and start today since i haven’t thrown anything with a bearing.

I’ll dedicate myself to using only my No Jive 3-1 … I’ve envisioned a one throw, one catch (where it returns and stops in the palm of my hand), stall/regen combo since i got my wood rocks yo. I really want to sync it to a song and make a video. This journey starts today.

I’ll even commit to making a video everyother day. Starting today. Simple short videos, under 1 min, no editing, no retakes. It’ll be cool to see where im at in a few weeks.

Nice! I think I’ll do a two week video, if time allows.

I ended up watching the game last night so… Lunch today I’ll record my attempts at a trapeze stall into split bottom mount stall… Surely I can land it at lest once within a minute!!!

Well? :slight_smile:

Three week-ish video.

Is anyone else sticking to it? (Echos…)