Duncan SkyHawk

http://www.yoyomuseum.com/?1452

What do you think of the new SkyHawk?  Coming soon to a store near you!

1 Like

Cool! Jeff Coons said their only problem was getting the weight rings to stay in. I wonder how they fixed it.

So far even after 100+ drops (I’m not good at 4A) the Skyhawk is holding up well, the polycarb isn’t showing any signs of damage at all and the rings haven’t budged.

360 views of the SkyHawk and the Torque are now up in the Museum :slight_smile:

Have you tried putting the weight rings into the Torque?

Not yet, I’d be a little worried about adding 10g to the Torque, that would make it (at least) 75g which is finger-ripping territory :slight_smile:

That looks great. 4A with weight rings? Has that been done before? I have to admit that I never bought an offstring before. :-\

The Rextreme and Equinox both have weight rings, although not the same type as the Skyhawk’s.
The original JetSet had very similar weight rings to the Skyhawk’s, but they weren’t removable.

Offstring yoyos are supposed to handle drops extremely well. I don’t think the amount of drop matter nearly as much as what you are drop the yoyo on, or how hard it hits the ground.

I am impressed that the weight rings are staying in. Have you tried to take them out?

I tried with my bare hands and couldn’t get them out but they’re definitely not glued in. I’ll try later to pry them out because I want to try them in the torque.

has the price been set ?

according to yoyomuseum.com, $40

I’m not 100% sure on that price, I’ll check with Augie tomorrow.

i hope it is lower

It is lower :slight_smile: looks like around $30 is more accurate, possibly even lower than that according to Augie. Ill update the museum when I see what stores are selling it for.

Pre release versions were sold at a well known Japanese store at $40 so I hope they are atleast $35 or hopefully under