Duncan Redemption

So I have a few sets of Loop720 but when I saw the Duncan Hornet in orange with the black caps I new I had to get one. Well it showed up today and what a disappointment. The two areas where the sprue was are the worst I have seen from Duncan. One side actually has a hole almost through the plastic, the other side is raised enough that my fingernail catches on it and flows down the inside of the gap where it catches the string. Looks like it’s going back and will not stray from my Loop720.

1 Like

Oh my, that’s not very good. maybe @bjardin can help you out with that

4 Likes

I hope, can’t reach anyone at Duncan

1 Like

Same issue on my orange Hornets that I picked up recently. I assumed they were normal mold markings since both had it, but thought it was strange. Initiated a return, hopefully Duncan doesn’t mind the missing packaging

1 Like

Hello!

We’d be glad to replace them! Please send email to bryan@yo-yo.com and I will forward you to the right person.

8 Likes

@bjardin does it once more.

Making Duncan Great Again!

4 Likes

Ooof. Yeah, Duncan is hard to reach. You end up having to message their parent company, which is some outdoor supply company. It was weird getting my replacement parts for a blown up Pro Z from what sounds like a place I should be ordering tents and sleeping bags from haha. Glad you found someone to check!

People like you are why i will always support duncan. Yall are wonderful over there :slightly_smiling_face: @bjardin

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more @bjardin is great. He has done amazing things since he has been at duncanthe FHal and FH one are 2 of my most favorite yoyos. Hope to see more special additions in the future.

3 Likes

I have been in contact with @bjardin on this and he has been super helpful in resolving this issue. He has single handedly renewed my faith in Duncan.

Thank you Bryan

I too have the same uneven sprue cuts on my clear hornets but I didn’t mind as long its atill playable, unless if you want to flat out the sprue marks you may sand it down with a fine grit sandpaper dipped with water.

2 Likes

I didn’t mind the looks even though it shouldn’t be so noticeable. One was a hole almost through the plastic and the other was raised enough to catch the string.

Ah thats a bummer, glad it will be replaced a new one directly!

It’s inevitable to receive a yoyo that has some q.c issues.