Duncan Pro Z Bearing

Just picked up another Pro Z when I was out and about, and it says on the back “concave bearing patented by Dif-e-Yo is used under license by Duncan Toys Co.” I havent opened the box yet, but to me it looks like a regular C size bearing. Does anyone know if this bearing is an actual Dif-e-Yo Konkave bearing, or is just a knockoff that Duncan has made? It comes unshielded and has 10 ball bearings inside.

It’s the same one that came with my echo 2. Honestly I think it’s the same bearing. They play the same and look the exact same. I also picked up the pro z and wondered the same thing. Compared them and they seem to be.

2 Likes

Interesting, since the Echo 2 is advertised to have the KonKave, but they are much more subtle about it with the Pro Z. Considering that the bearing normally costs $15, it is quite a bargain to spend $5 less and have it bundled with a yoyo. I have some stuff to do in the meantime, but ill play around with it later. So far the bearing spins nice and smooth on top of a pen, but I might clean it before I throw it. Thanks for the insight!

1 Like

Well, after further examination, the bearing isnt up to snuff. It is visibly scratched and the bearing seat doesn’t line up as well as other bearings. When thrown, the yoyo has a significant amount of vibe. Im guessing they ship this yoyo with Dif-e-Yo rejects or something, which would explain why a.) they dont advertise it, and b.) why someone else could have a positive result.