Duncan Presents the Freebird Trilogy: Freebird OG, Freebird 2, and Freebird 3! - Available 3/23 - 8pm EST!

From Duncan:

Freebird Trilogy: In collaboration with Duncan Toys, we have licensed the Freebird design, and we are fortunate enough to work with Hank to resurrect his signature yo-yo and transform it into metal. And not just one design, but three!

Freebird-OG-Featured

Red-Silver-Cap-FreebirdOG Red-Silver-Cap-FreebirdOG-3 Red-Silver-Cap-FreebirdOG-2

Freebird OG : The Freehand OG is the closest to the older Freebird but features improved weight distribution and playability for competition while retaining the same body shape. Hank prefers his 3A yo-yos that are also good for 1A since many of his tricks incorporate 1A elements.

Freebird2-Featured

Freebird II (Step Cap) Freeboard III (Flat Cap)

The Freebird II & III are more modern in terms of playability and fit well with today’s yo-yo scene. Over the years, Hank’s tricks have evolved, requiring a lot of directional changes, so he’s particular about the yo-yo’s spin time and weight distribution.

Green-Silver-Cap-Freebird2 Green-Silver-Cap-Freebird2-2 Green-Silver-Cap-Freebird2-3

Freebird3-Featured

Blue-Gray-Cap Blue-Gray-Cap-3 Blue-Gray-Cap-2

9 Likes

Someone please explain who the “we” is. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

@UnluckyOwl53

The OG is really good, plays smaller than the 2019 AL and has similar power too an UNPRLD Reduction.

9 Likes

Unclear to me as well. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Glitch in the Duncan matrix. “We license to ourselves.”

2 Likes

Curios about if the engraving is on both sides or only one?

Those are not exactly my type of throw but I do have to say that they look sooooooo good! Very stylish and I love the cap

1 Like

lol I believe/assumed the “we” was Duncan and Screaming Eagle (Sub-brand of Duncan back in the day) x Hank Freeman - But I could be wrong.

Sorry for the confusion! - I can check in with the Duncan crew and find out!

Super excited that they brought this back though - Hank has been one of my idols in yo-yoing for a very long time and Its super cool to see him still throw at a VERY high level!

Also for those who haven’t watched it:

9 Likes

Just double checked and its a Collab with Beyond Yo-Yos. So We = Duncan x Beyond YoYos x Hank Freeman! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up. Agreed on HF, he’s incredible!. So who is Beyond? Anyone we know? Secret mystery brand? Not offended that they get some stuff before YYE, just a little annoyed sometimes. :wink:

3 Likes

Lets gooooooooooooo

Beyond yoyo is another store owned by Sean Perez of team duncan. He has only stocked duncan stuff as of right now. Don’t know if he has plans to expand to other brands. I believe he also used to run the duncan kiosk/store at disney springs before they shut it down.

4 Likes

To answer my own question, it is on both sides.

1 Like