Duncan Freehand One AL - Small Bearing

Anyone see the udpates on Duncan’s social media lately regarding a new semi-responsive Freehand One AL with an A-bearing? I know that Duncan is almost a bad word here with the recent yoyo day sale fiasco, but damn it if the thought of an A-bearing, semi-responsive FH1AL is making me kinda stoked! For sure going to try and pick one up to go with my Unknown FHAL.

Duncan Yo-Yo - Posts | Facebook

7 Likes

I’ll buy one for sure, just maybe not direct :joy:

11 Likes

Yep, can’t wait!

2 Likes

I’ve been following the updates and I’m excited for these to drop. When they check in with yoyoexpert I’ll definitely be checking out!

2 Likes

Duncan heads, save me the search. Is this unresponsive? They mention small gap and bearing and something like tight binds, but does that mean unresponsive?

2 Likes

I think they said that because of the smaller bearing the gap is naturally narrower, so it would aid in the responsiveness but I don’t think it would be completely.

I hope it’s not going to be “semi responsive”, I prefer one or the other.

5 Likes

In the facebook post they use the words “semi-responsive”, they also mention swapping to a Konkave A-bearing to go completely unresponsive. I’m thinking the responsiveness is tied to the bearing shape and gap width.

“This new small bearing Freehand One AL comes with a small flat bearing (Size A) with a semi-tug responsive feeling; enough for quick regen, stalls, and all other sorts of throwback tricks! To make your Freehand One AL small bearing entirely unresponsive, we recommend switching to a Size A Dif-E-Yo bearing.⁣⁣⁣”

2 Likes

I got the Freehand NextGen during a sale at some point and was surprised at how well it plays (it’s unresponsive). I haven’t tried the counterweight, but that’s on my list after I get looping down a bit more. The Butterfly AL is also really great, but that’s fully responsive. I agree that one or the other is preferable.

1 Like

Hyped for this one!

*but my lunch money is going to yoyoexpert *

3 Likes

I will just leave this here also.

5 Likes

Do they mean D bearing when they say “Small Bearing?”

I believe they mean A

4 Likes

Dropping October 1st

1 Like

Its definitely A, they call it out by name in the text. Really excited for this one!!

3 Likes

The A size bearing has also been nicknamed “Duncan Bearing” on other sites.

2 Likes

Just seeing this!

This is old FHZ, OG FH and FH2 Size A Bearing.

4 Likes

Are we still going to be expecting this on Friday, Oct 1? I’m really looking forward to this release and would hate to miss it. I haven’t seen the typical “New Release” post from YYE and hoping to get ahead of any delays/changes to release date if there are any.

1 Like