Duncan FH1 replacement parts / Disassembly advice?

Is there any option to just buy duncan FH1 guts? Axle, nuts, spacers? I’m asking because everytime I want to take caps off of a fresh FH1 I’m rolling the dice on ruining my axle.

Here’s the issue I have.

I can not find a way to remove this axle without damaging it. It’s so tight inside of the nut that getting it to break loose means that my pliers or whatever other tool’s teeth/knurling cut grooves into the axle and ruin it. If I choose to put something over the teeth//knurling, 2 layers of a rag, then I lose all of my grip and get no where.

Most recently I tried to remove the caps on a new Freehand and I was forced to sacrifice the axle to get the caps off because it was so tight that my father assumed there was loctite on there - we were forced to use vice grips…

I don’t really know of the best way to remove the axle from these, so I’d appreciate some advice. I may just stop trying to remove their caps all together - especially if there’s no replacement part option.

2 Likes

We have a Bingo. This is an older problem solving video I made. The info is the answer you need>

PS… this is not only informative but it makes me laugh to watch…

I made the video in response to a player that was having axle trouble with his YYF 2020 looper. That is what I am referring to in the beginning of the dialogue.

What I think is sorta funny was when I made the video it was very late at night. My girl was sleeping. So I was whispering(kinda) and that is why I sound like I’m whispering, lol. It’s almost like I’m sharing a secret and I don’t want the raccoons outside to know.

When I was done posting the video up to YouTube, I went into the bedroom closet to put my Nikon away. Silent like a church mouse with a tiny flashlight.

As I slipped out of the pitch dark bedroom like a Ninja, my girl asked me, ‘So, how did the video turn out’?

……Good stealth mode job…… Mo…. Lolol.

“Uh, fine dear”…. Doh!

13 Likes

:pray: thank you Doc! This is exactly what I was hoping for. Off to the hardware store tomorrow, and I guess a new FH to steal the guts from. Greatly appreciated!!

1 Like