Duncan and Yomega

One man who is the President, CEO, and founder of the company.

Duncan has a lot of respect and is recognizable by the world. Yomega is equally recognizable and respected. Some people say that they made horrible yo-yos but remember, what’s horrible or not is preference. (Except for the classic Duncan Butterfly). I go around throwing my Speedmaker and people ask is that a Duncan? And I say no. Yomega? No, it’s a Yoyojam. Never heard of it.

I have thrown some yo-yos by these companies and they are awesome. They are probably more respected than other companies because their crew’s job isn’t to compete, it’s to spread the sport. I think I’m going off-topic.

~Spin On!

2 Likes

Yeah that’s not necessarily due to respect. People have heard of Yomega and Duncan because these companies was more or less the biggest during the boom. But that was back in the day when you had status by owning a Brain.

1 Like

Tell me about it. Chris, that was seriously uncalled for. Duncan was the first yoyo brand out there.
If it wasn’t for them, where would we be?

Didn’t Steve Brown invent 5A?

Yes he did. All Duncan did was take the name of Free Hand. He is still known as the guy that invented 5a!

Exactly. Even though they might not have been very good, do you think the first basketball or football players aren’t respected? Of course not. They get tons of respect. They might not always be mentioned, but they still get tons of respect. The Naismith Award? Yeah.

FHZ’s and Raiders, That is what I say!
They really good!

Duncan I respect. They make great yoyos (if you choose the right ones), and they might have the best team…

I don’t know exactly what you guys are talking about with Steve Brown and ripping him off. He was on the team. He agreed to whatever agreement they had. And I heard that he still makes royalties on every FH sold.

Yomega I cannot respect.

After Worlds 07, you’d think they’d try to make things right and at least improve their product. Nope.

Wait, I thought I was trying to compliment them. I love duncan and Yomega yo-yos. Duncan has great response in my opinion and yomega’s are really smooth. If I wasn’t clear then I apologize, but these companies make great yo-yos.

Dear Lord… I want a Duncan now!!!

They actually have tried to make things right.
They started sponsoring contest again, they have been supporting yoyo shows by giving many of their yoyos for free to give to kids.
(I did a show and they gave me 30 custom designed fireballs for free to give out)
They are really nice people there, they even sent me a get well card after my surgery when I never told em I was even going in for one.

And there yoyos have made a huge improvement.
Hotshots and the new Dash, 2 amazing yoyos.

As for Duncan, they are a great company too,
FHZ’s are awesome.

1 Like

Added another thanks to your many thanks.

First post edited with videos

hey, i know this is a… mostly dead thread (not the string company), but yomega has been doing so much recently, all the yoyos exept for the old relaibles and keepsakes (raider, fireball, power spin glow wing), have been redesigned, new management has been assigned, and even the development of the glide and several yoyos as well as more to come.

yomega ambassador colter

Please check the date of the last post before you reply. This thread is about 3 years old.