*DTT Official Thread* Looking for CAD Makers

For those of you who don’t know, the person who helps design the CAD gets a free yoyo from the production run.

We’re willing to let anyone give it a try. Whoever does it CORRECTLY and to my liking and designs will receive either: A. a prototype or B. one from the production run.

You will also become a Team CADist, if you’re willing.

The yoyo you’re trying to make a CAD of:

Let me know if you’re interested.

C’mon, guys, Delta Throw Tech’s CADist is MIA ATM, so we need a new one. I’m willing to give anyone a chance.

prototype guy on the yyn forums or Icthus on the yye forums (they’re not the same person)

i have a tech degree in cad. but dont own the program. haha if you want to buy me the program i will do it blindfolded sitting upside down and it will come out fantastic

I’ll be “obtaining” CAD in a few days from a “reliable source” and since I haven’t used it in some odd years after some practice I’d love to give it a try :slight_smile:

i think the student version is like 1000$ and 2010 cad pro is maybe 2000$? not sure if thats correct but it has to be close

autocad 2011 is $3995.

Well, that makes me feel special. I get free versions because I am in the Engineering program at my highschool.

Even though the versions you get aren’t near the whole suite, You still get enough to do more than yoyo’s by far.

I actually get full access to any of their programs, I have the new AutoCAD Inventor 2011 Suite. Including all of the features. Which btw is $5,259-$6,390 :confused:

But yeah making yoyos in CAD is the simplest task I could imagine doing in there besides like making a screw or something? Lol

My teacher gave me a free version. I think without the license you only get 25 saves with that. At least that’s what it was in 2007

Solidworks FTW!!
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s71/Scoobyvroom/Yoyo/Newyoyo1.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s71/Scoobyvroom/Yoyo/Newyoyo2.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s71/Scoobyvroom/Yoyo/Newyoyo3.jpg

I’ll probably make another one when I get home tommorow. Solidworks calculated it out to be a measly 50 grams. Little on the lite side, I’d like to make one with Vascomax weight rings.

In Inventor you can just reedit the sketch and make it bigger in certain spots until you have your desired weight. IDK what -DG- is doing, he has me making his throw and he won’t contact me on the rest of his specs, like weight, axle size and length, or bearing size.

Thats what I plan on doing, but I am going to make a couple different ones. I would use a C bearing…
.250 Hole, .500 O.D. and .1875 thick. Easy to find and is kind of the standard. As far as the Axel I would just use a M4 x .07 I think thats what most of the YYF stuff is… Maybe it’s a 10-32, I’ll check tommorow…

Ernie recommended 8-32UNC to me half inch axles. You can pretty much use whatever you want there though. As far as bearing seat I can give you a picture of all the dimensions for a size C bearing. Or if Solidworks take .ipt (doubt it) or .dwg I can send you that file.

8x32 are good if you want English, M4 x .7 are good if you want metric.