drilling dice

Hey guys, I got my drill(my dad had it) and I found some decent sized cool looking dice.
I practiced drilling a hole with 12mm small dice that is really hard.
But it took me forever to drill a hole and i stopped doing it.
My question is…
I see tons of people drilling a hole on there dice, do they all have drill press?
Also any tips on drilling a hole on the dice?
(I dont not have acess to drill press)
Thanks in advance

-J

Just latch it down and drill into it. It doesn’t have to be perfectly centered or straight or anything, just don’t get too close to the edges.

Take it slow be patient, and as has already been said it doesn’t half to be perfect.

it could also be the material the dice is made of. the dice I used drilled through like butter but then my friend had me try it on his and it took alot longer.

I’m sorry I know this is a little off topic, but where do buy the dice in the first place? I want to make my own, but I don’t know where to buy it. Normal game dice is to small. I already have the Duncan counterweight set, but I want a different color. So where could I get some that’s not blue?

try a card shop, or a place where dungeons and dragons would be played. I found all kinds at a card store for a couple of cents a piece.

1 Like

Toy and game stores.

Go to a comic book shop you can find D20, D6, D8, D10, D6, D4. It’s basically a set of RPG dice

When I drill dice, I start with a really small bit. That way, when I drill with the largest bit I am going to use, it is guided straitly by the smaller hole. If the small bit hole didn’t go as straight as you wanted, then you still have room for course correction as you work your way up the the full-hole sized bit. Hope that helps.

This is were I get all of my dice. You can get Bone, Poly, Stone, Metal and, wood. All types of shapes and sizes and there cheap. Crystal Caste

1 Like