Dressel Designs: Connection drops TODAY @YYE booth and DD webstore

I’ll be your friend :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Kaylinity deserves an upgrade.

3 Likes

Kaylinity loves fusion so much and is very hype for v2 upgrade

13 Likes

I saw this the other day and knew you’d be excited :smiling_face:. DD coming in clutch for you with our last few releases this year.

3 Likes

Shell first drop releasing 11/15 :eyes: direct from us or Goodlife. What do y’all think about these colors?

9 Likes

I love the design of this! Such an excellent concept! if you don’t mind me asking, how does the shell play like ??

1 Like

For shell the goal was to have something fun like a plastic with the performance of a metal. We both rly thought larger yoyos allowed for a fun/unique feel while keeping performance high. It’s very good all around! Super comfy from the organic shape, easy to hit tricks because it’s large/wide/open shaped, powerful but not overbearing (most of the power comes from the large diameter) and the play on the string really speaks for itself :). Just a big ball of fun

4 Likes

Hey everyone!

Black Friday is starting at midnight tonight and ends Tuesday. I encourage you to buy our product on yoyoexpert first and foremost for their sale, but please check out our sale as well if they are missing a color or yoyo you want from us.

8 Likes

will yall restock the mint green emotion?

1 Like

There’s a few b grades of that color, yes.

2 Likes

expect my money in your wallet soon.

1 Like

The Shell arrived, I’m thinking this is slotting into my late night easy going use

12 Likes

That’s a great time to use it!! It feels so relaxing yet agile at the same time

1 Like

Black Friday/cyber monday is live for us!

1 Like

Late to this party but the pink(?) inside the blue shell looks soooo good.

3 Likes

I like that color too. It’s a goodlife exclusive tho :frowning:

2 Likes

2023 was a great year for DD and it’s fans. It boggles my mind how we’ve come this far since our Assassin release so long ago.

We made plenty of new Connections, sponsored a few contests, created a ton of designs for ourselves and others, and continued to provide the quality, fun, and uniqueness you come to expect from us.

This year, we dropped 5 brand new yoyos, each with it’s own unique space and twist on what makes DD and yoyos great:

:white_check_mark: Emotion released, touted as performance mono of the year by many.
:white_check_mark: POM+AL 5050: continuing the 5050 line, this time in hybrid form.
:white_check_mark: Titanium Emotion: Ti form of the Emotion. Takes everything you love from the Emotion up a notch.
:white_check_mark: Shell: one of the most innovative and fun yoyos we’ve made to date, working with our friends @goodlifeyoyos
:white_check_mark: Fusion 2.0: A massive improvement on the original fusion, featuring both brass and SS versions

We will be back soon from our Oasis vacation releasing new throws for 2024. Here’s what you can expect from us for the new year:

:100: Signatures?
:100: Stainless steel yoyos
+
:100: Plastic yoyo??
:100: Caps
+
:100: Aspen Aspen Aspen
:100: Lots of fun worlds this year

As a final note, we appreciate all of you, are fans and friends that have been with us since day 1. None of this would be possible without you. We hope that your 2024 is as amazing and exciting as it can be!

If you made it this far, we dropped a few hints as to whats coming for us in this post. See if you can find them all :slight_smile:

22 Likes

Oh oh I think I figured it out! Although I had extra clues from our interactions!!!

1 Like

We’re going back to our roots for our first release of 2024. Meet Oasis.

Oasis joins our vast array of organic and D bearing yoyos and features a very mid school design flavor. Since our first ever release, the assassin, launched all the way back in 2021, we’ve been clamoring at the idea of releasing another steel yoyo.

There’s something special about a well designed stainless steel yoyo, and our team realized we hit the jackpot from the first throw. When done properly, it has a very premium feel in all aspects of play feel and performance without a very steep price tag. With Oasis, we wanted to explore a larger diameter than the assassin without going overboard, and focusing on the most comfortable and enjoyable experience in a yoyo. With this in mind,we set out to design an organic with a wide but not too wide body, and really angled and rounded end curves for a yoyo you will not want to (and don’t have to) put down!

We knew from the start we wanted steel since it is the perfect material to bring a yoyo wherever you want, without feeling the guilt of dropping an expensive titanium design. Steel is a very strong material when used properly, but can get expensive and brittle at larger sizes, so we design around a mid sized organic in order to keep the qualities of steel we love and enjoy, as well as the ability to offer a fresh thermocline in relation to other steel yoyos on the market, finding a sweet spot between 53 and 54mm diameter.

When we first prototyped oasis in 2023, it was a design that just fell into place on our CAD software. My favorite part of designing a steel yoyo is that the density requires the design to be very well balanced, perfect for an organic style of yoyo with a D bearing. In play, the yoyo maneuvers easily, letting its 63.5 grams shine when bouncing and shaking easily between your string layers and trick creations. Our new Hybrid D bearing ensures snappy binds and regens and enhances the play experience of this yoyo all around… It has a very large and easy IRG to hit any thumb or talon grinds you may want, and features a very mindful and flavorful hub design with a drop of water rippling across the center.

The yoyo will release next month and come in 3 different colorways: a raw engraved version, a blackout unengraved version, and an engraved iridescent version. Pictures by @editionyoyo and myself, engraving by @aapenn1

Leave a comment sharing what has you most excited about Oasis :slight_smile:

29 Likes

the hub and engraving look amazing, over the moon for this release :smiling_face::smiling_face::smiling_face:

3 Likes