dont you hate when people say whats the point of those yoyo things!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it ticks me off when people say that and then they keep bugging me or they will ask if they can use my yoyo!!!

Why?
It means that they are taking an interest. Congrats, you’re starting a trend.

It may just be me, but I’m sure it’s not. I’m ecstatic when someone asks me to try my yoyo. It’s always a treat watching them try and tug it back up and having to explain the bearings and unresponsive play :slight_smile:

I to enjoy it when people stop and ask questions although i’m always hesitant handing over my yoyo and watching them just miss the sidewalk :o lol

ill let them try my kickside but no way im handing over my gnarwhal

not really. it gives me an excuse to share my take on ‘the point’.
or it would… i’ve never actually heard someone ask that.

I don’t see why people get so upset over the fact that people will have different priorities than you. They have their hobbies. You have yours. Don’t let it get to you.

If people ask to try your yo-yo and you don’t let them, then it is completely hypocritical to whine and complain about them not liking yo-yos/yo-yoing/yo-yoers. Don’t forget that it’s just a yo-yo, a little round thing on a piece of string. When people ask to try my yo-yo I let them. It can be my Kickside or my Superstar, I still hand it over and I think you should too. Don’t be overprotective of your yo-yos.

1 Like

im taking about when people are trying to make a point that yoyos are worthless and i guess “stupid” to them.
they also go estatic when you tell them your night moves five is gold rim plated and $$100+
or even if its a 25 dollar yoyo

i sometimes let people use my yoyos on carpet but outside or on tile i just dont want a huge dent in my metal yoyo.

You don’t see spending 100 dollars on a yoyo a bit ridiculous?
THEY ARE TOYS! We aren’t meant to spend hundreds of dollars on yoyos in the public’s eye. Get used to it

to them 3 dollas is enough on a yoyo get used to it

This

It will definitely help you in life to not care what people think at a certain point. If people say to me “yoyoing is stupid”, I don’t try to fight them on it. I just say “Ok?”, or “Ok.” or, “cool beans”, or “I think it’s kind of fun”. Don’t worry about what other people think. If you like it, that’s all that matters. You don’t have to defend your hobbies. I may not understand other peoples weird hobbies, and I might think their hobby is stupid, but do you think they care what I think? NO! They do it because they love it. That’s all that matters.

People stop and ask questions to me all the time, or just stop and watch me throw. I always carry around my old fireball for people to try out if they want to try it.

I do not mind others saying that they are toys, as they really are toys. The irritating thing is when some of my adult relatives come across me yoyoing and said that yoyos are for kids. That is what irritates me.

You’ll always have certain adults who think that ANYTHING slightly resembling a toy is “for kids”.

One of my brother’s ex-girlfriend honestly thought that the only acceptable form of adult entertainment was the consumption of alcohol. He had a huge warhammer lead figure collection that he painted, he was even featured in White Dwarf Magazine (magazine related to lead figurines), yet she thought he was childish and that he should get rid of his “toys”, so in a drunken rage she destroyed all his “toys”.

Not all toys are for kids.

what JetEYeNight say is true: not all toys are for kids, yoyos are one of the famous and useful SKILLtoys man…if someone say it to you that yoyos are for kids, lend one of your yoyos to them and ask them to copy your tricks or make a green triangle, see if they can do it…

1 Like

I’ll say a few words.

If people ask about your yoyo, Tell them. If they ask how much and you have the feeling they will flame you then just say it costs enough.

On the TOYs subject people must remember that Ski’s, surfboards, Bikes, skates,video games, and the like are all toys.

It’s also human nature to defend what you believe if you don’t agree with it. That is why they say things you don’t like.

What’s the point of those yoyo things?

jk :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t care about what others say I care about what I say

Honestly, the person asking has more reason to be annoyed if you blow up in their face just for asking. It’s just a question, you can’t expect them to know much about yoyoing. It’s not surprising that there surprised that they cost 100 dollars either. I’m not expert, but i’d have to guess that a big reason they are expensive is because most of the companies are too small to mass produce, becuase there’s not a large market for them. There are however companies like yoyo factory who sell more and can thus price their yoyo’s cheaper. So when they ask just tell them that. I’m not saying it’s not annoying putting up with some people about their reaction to yoyo’s, just try to be courtious for a few minuts.