Does the purple/Gold wangle spin silver?

Wondering, because if so, i can do a halfswap of this and the Kasper colorway, so that it looks silver when it is spinning, but when it isn’t, it looks like a half swap fade.

1 Like

No, it’s a reddish brown.

2 Likes

It would need to be the opposite of purple on the color wheel to cancel out while spinning (in theory). It looks like yellow is the opp. so good is really close though.

1 Like

are there any yoyos like this where it has 2 fade colors that spin silver?
Or will i have to get a custom ano job?

Pink green fade maybe ?

2 Likes

ive heard that that spins brown. not sure y

I’ve seen that work on a exit8

1 Like

Technically the problem is that yoyo’s don’t spin at the speed of light :sweat_smile:. The purple is still reflecting as purple, and the gold is still reflecting as gold, but from the same place in a small enough timeframe that your brain processes both of them at the same time and makes brown. If two opposing colours make silver then it’s because the light rays are ACTUALLY having wavelength interference, if it makes brown, it’s just your brain filling in the blank and the light rays are staying separate.

2 Likes

The blue/orange fade Wangle spins silver. It’s such a cool effect. I think it’s the Kacper fade.

4 Likes

Yep, it’s silver with frequent brilliant specs of color. One of the most beautiful yo-yos I’ve ever owned.

Edit: cheers @Nocompromise. Glad you like that Wangle. That trade worked out great for me, but I do miss that thing just because how pretty it is.

I keep wondering if the YYF Flame in blue/orange fade has the same look. If it does I’d grab one today. Anyone know?

4 Likes

yeah… i get that part, but if the colors are opposite shouldnt it make silver like the kasper wangle?