Does anyone use Fountain Pens?

I love this nib!
The pen I find it a bit ‘too big and a bit’ too expensive … but I am very curious!
very nice the colors!
Congratulations !!!

I like the Ahab’s size but the Neponset being a bit larger fits my hand as well or better. The price is high imho but I guess they think the acrylic justifies it and knowing Nathan I’m sure it just cost more. That and the nib has been in development for years I’ve read. But it’s hard to beat an Ahab ($20) with the $6.00 art nib pack! http://noodlersink.com/general/new-art-nib-pack/

Sailor has some inks that are supposed to be released in the US soon.  Also a neat Line x Lamy Safari pen.
http://sailorshop.jp/SHOP/13-1502.html 
It’s the Storia ink collection based off of circus colors they say.  Also mixable within the line.  One note mentioned the spotlight color was good for mixing in with the others for a halo or highlighting effect.
Jetpens has them now but they are way overpriced compared to retail from other sellers (shipping from Japan etc.).
The couple reviews I have read (1, 2) state they are pastel and dry very light but are pigmented and waterproof.

Looking over a couple samples of the Storia inks I saw this purple comparison.  It showed the sheen present in several of the colors.  Diamine Pansy, Diamine Regency Blue (also in Majestic Blue), Iroshizuku Yama-Budo, and Rohrer & Klingner Solferino & Cassia!  The level of sheen is comparable to the J.Herbin 1670 colors and really pop on good paper in my experience.

Here’s the cute Line x Lamy Safari!

http://cdn.line-apps.com/linefriends-corp/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/lamy-02.jpg

http://cdn.line-apps.com/linefriends-corp/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/06_mini.jpg

Triple post… Sho Nuff with this ink! Just stumbled on a review of it today… All these colors from one ink! :o

J. Herbin 1670 Emerald of Chivor.

http://cdn-tp1.mozu.com/6639-8588/cms/8588/files/2d97cce7-6f7d-4f61-8d7e-9366948911a4

Review page: http://edjelley.com/2015/06/24/j-herbin-1670-emerald-of-chivor-ink-review-video/

Cant wait for them to release that color next month!! LOVE the J.Herbin 1670 Collection… need the Emerald and the Rouge Hematite! Still need to order a Ahab (or a Konrad…) as well.
That Storia line of ink looks kind of fun… would be interesting to mix some of them :wink:

Haven’t had enough time to draw lately but did take a moment to draw some flowers growing out of the weeds in front of my shop. No one else to share it with except you guys :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello everyone, I have a quick question about a fountain pen I just acquired. It belonged to my great-uncle, and I have no intention to sell it, I am just looking for some information from someone more knowledgeable than myself.

After some research, and simply from looking at the pen, I have found that it is a Montblanc Meisterstuck. However, I have not been able to find online this exact model, though I have found many to be very similar. The 925 I believe means it’s 92.5% silver. Does anyone know what pen this is?

Any help is greatly appreciated, and some pictures are attached.

Sorry for the poor phone quality…

Nice flowers! Makes me want to try and draw some more. The Chivor ink has crazy multi-color sheen like I’ve never seen!

The 925 is the silver verification stamp, otherwise I can’t help. You should post on FPN (fountain pen network) as they should be able to help you with identification! Good luck and nice pen!

1 Like

Hello!
Your pen is a beautiful Montblanc Meisterstuck 146 Solitaire “Godron”, is in solid silver with details gold plated, and 18kt solid gold nib with rhodium plated.
The value, if is equal to the new, can be about $ 1,000.00

1 Like

Beherenow, thanks for the forum recommendation!

Persson, ti ringrazio!

Prego! … di nulla.

Buona scrittura! :wink:

Gladly!

Looks like Emerald of Chivor has showed up in UK shops already (Bureau Direct & their picture below from FPN) so it should be in the US soon too! What a wild ink!

Sooo excited for this ink!! Loving the 1670 collection… When Goulet gets the Emerald instock, I will be in line :wink: Just need that and a bottle of Stormy Grey and set is complete.
Also, ordered a few samples since they were having a sale and Finally got a Ahab! ;D

…yet, I have had little to no time to try them. :-[

That emerald is amazing! I got my fountain pen, but I always use cartridges for ink. I need to get into getting my own ink and what better way with this beautiful ink.

I skipped Ocean Blue before since it didn’t have any sparkles, but now that they’ve added them it would be nice to have. I don’t know how much stock stores will be getting of Chivor but hopefully a lot as it seems it’s in high demand.

You can refill cartridges with a syringe instead of buying a convertor if you want! As with any J. Herbin 1670’s just make sure you really shake the bottle 1st and then the pen gently (rock it back and forth) before use if it sits at all (even overnight). This keeps the hematite dispersed in the ink so the sparkle/shine stays even in your writing.

Does anyone know the story behind “1670” ink? Is it because it’s 1670’s style ink? I’f so then those were some fancy writing times lol.

J. Herbin began in 1670 so this series is their anniversary edition inks from what I’ve read. Here’s some info I saw and the link to J. Herbins 1670 page which mentions the Chivor ink was based on the emerald he used to carry on his voyages for luck: Herbin Calligraphy Supplies | Fine Writing Ink, Calligraphy Pens, and Sealing Wax | Pen Ink Cartridges, Reed and Bamboo Pens.

“J. Herbin was established in 1670, when Louis XIV, the Sun King, was 32 years old. M. Herbin was a sailor, and from his many journeys to India he brought back to Paris formulas for manufacturing sealing wax. His special lacquer formula improved the quality of the seals in adhesion and neatness, helping him to become famous throughout the kingdom. J. Herbin is also the oldest name in ink production in the world. By 1700, the company was producing “l’Encre de la Tete Noire,” followed by “Perle des Encres,” (The Jewel of Inks) and “l’Encre des Vaisseaux” (The Ink of Ships). J. Herbin made ink for Louis XIV, and a black ink for the sole use of Victor Hugo, author of The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Les Miserables. These formulas still reside in our company headquarters in Paris.”

thank for the info, but i actually read this cause i got a bottle of stormy grey and read the booklet :slight_smile:

Emerald of Chivor comes out today! ;D

WAS soooo excited, I got the alert first thing in the morning that it was instock but looks like they sold out of the bottles last night according to their newsletter :o :cry: Samples still available but I want to try to hold out for a bottle

Im sure that we can find it somewhere else.