Does anyone here play footbag?

I have a Duncan Roadrunner footbag that I play with a lot. I’m wondering if anyone here has and plays with a footbag.

2 Likes

Hacky Sacks Rock!

I havnt played one since I was a teen, but man they’re super fun.

Thanks for reminding me of them, going to track one down again.

3 Likes

I’ll bet this fella does! Fast forward to 45 seconds in.

2 Likes

I’ve only played in the old console game, “California Games” :wink:

4 Likes

Back in high school, but that was a long time ago lol. I actually just came across my old hacky sack last week and it’s sitting on my computer desk… smells a little funky though lol

2 Likes

Haha! Glad you found it.

1 Like

This takes me back…

I used to compete in freestyle footbag. Traveled to several comps from WA, CO, GA. I never did real well, but it was the first thing i really dedicated myself to, drilling for hours and hours everyday. This was back in 99-03. I then hurt myself skimboarding and torn my groin muscle. I couldnt play for over 9 months, and when I could, the spark had left me and my body was quite up to it anymore.

Thats when I started toss juggling. I had lots of footbags around, so i already had plenty of juggling balls. That morphed into contact juggling, then to poi. I spun poi professionally for about 10 years, as an active firedancer and performer in the music festival scene. Taught many of the flow arts, played mainstage solo with my didgeridoos, and made and sold chain maille arts and armor to fund it all.

Im retired from that life now, and no longer travel or perform. I do however still manipulate objects and yoyo is one of my favorite activities. Its a grand culmination of many arts of studied, low impact (safely throws!), and leave me challenged and inspired to learn more. I do not compete nor do i care to but Worlds is worth going to, even when you dont compete, so I do try attend them, at least the state side ones.

4 Likes

That’s amazing. I’m glad you took up the hobby of yoyoing.

2 Likes

I did back in high school. It is more unknown these days with the youth & is about as impressive as someone juggling a soccer/foot ball to them. It was the before school and after school past time activity.

3 Likes