Does anyone here not do Halloween?

I mean… yeah, I would hope so. One of the pillars this country was founded on was freedom of religion.

Oh man that’s rough, does not sound fun at all for your little one. I’ll change my original statement to Halloween is harmless fun for those without any dietary restrictions. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

You’re offending me though. Can I not offer a different perspective on a holiday that the majority of people here don’t take seriously? I’m not talking about theology for crying out loud, or even blasting other religions.

We don’t live in the 50s anymore. Halloween isn’t reducable to harmless trick or treating. Grow up.

4 Likes

True, and agreed!

2 Likes

your right there probably isn’t that much harm in hallowween sorry for offending you

2 Likes

I always either leave town or eat out for Halloween, I don’t understand it at all. Being a christian has a lot to do with it.

3 Likes

We usually only get a handful of kiddos knocking on the door. I always plan ahead somehow accidentally buy too much candy most years so I tell them to take a handful and end up eating whatever’s left (which is usually way too much candy for a grown man to be seen eating). :rofl:

5 Likes

I always tell my kids… if they give you dollar store candies… then hand it back to them. har har har

This thread…

Never stop turning what seems like harmless things into drama or discussion that goes against forum policy. How else will i be entertained?

7 Likes

Thank you, thought I was going to have to be the one to say something.

2 Likes

Oh yeah I know…the girls I know have also taught me, if they’re dancing and you think you’re gonna get out of it, you’re wrong x_X

1 Like

Discussion of religion isn’t allowed on the YYE forums. Please refrain from such discussions or posts that can lead to such discussions.

6 Likes

If not for my kids I would ignore Halloween entirely. I kind of feel like the whole holiday is just visual Karaoke and I really really do not like Karaoke.

I am thankful that my kids love it so much, though. It’s helped me lighten up about it a lot.

2 Likes

I do the same thing. I just spent 130 on candy and little toys. We usually get about 50 kids or so. I just pre bagged 100 goodie bags. I also did a dozen without any candy, just a welches fruit snack and random Halloween themed toys. After all the pre bagging I still have 3 giant bags of candy. Got candy on deck.

5 Likes

i wanna go trick or treating at your place lol

3 Likes

Thats what the check out person said at the store lol. Sadly we have a terrible weather forecast for thursday. That usually means everyone takes their kids to the mall for trick or treating. I should probably go ahead and schedule a dentist appointment for 2 weeks from now.

2 Likes

2 Likes

All posts containing historic FACTS are being deleted. But all the posts condemning those of pagan faith of being somehow morally inferior are perfectly fine. What’s up Mod?

4 Likes

Fun fact:

There are plenty of other places to go to have religious and political arguments that aren’t a YO-YO FORUM.

Getting upset that you can’t talk about your religious or political beliefs on a YO-YO FORUM is kind of ridiculous.

And if you are the type of person to get upset about something like that, then your political or religious beliefs probably aren’t worth hearing anyway. If you can’t think about why this isn’t the best place for that or can’t find other platforms to discuss these issues, I doubt I’m going to glean anything useful from what you were going to share anyway.

8 Likes

Beetlejuice is like… my jam dude

4 Likes

Last I checked this was the “unrelated” thread. And the only ones sharing their beliefs are the Christians here. But that seems to be perfectly fine for whatever reason.

2 Likes