Does anyone actually prefer the OG Shutter over the WA? [POLL]

Well? What’s your preference?

• OG
  • WA

0 voters

5 Likes

They are both awesome. To answer the question honestly, I guess I prefer the WA. I havnt really thought about it but I have hardly touched my OG since purchasing my polished WA.

2 Likes

I’ve never tried the Wide Angle, but I own three og and a TiShutter. I’ll eventually get one.

2 Likes

I prefer the Shutter simply because I don’t care for yoyos > 46mm in width.

5 Likes

I prefer the OG. Sold my WA. Thinking about selling my Ti.

2 Likes

Does the WA maintain the even weight distribution of the OG?

1 Like

Yes, it seems so, but I’m no expert. The main reason I like it is the comfort value the extra width brings, I have wide hands.

2 Likes

I prefer the OG, its got that more solid feeling, WA feels abit hollow for me.

5 Likes

I’ve had an SWA for a little while now, think I like the OG better. Both are good yoyos though

2 Likes

I love a hollow feeling in a yo-yo.

2 Likes

Wider (to a point, obviously) is better. @zslane is wrong :wink:

3 Likes

Tell that to Mickey.

1 Like

@smileypants707 you gotta edit a poll into the first post! Let us decide through democracy which totally always works*

* except when it suuuuper does not work :sob:

3 Likes

Ok cool everyone jump back to the first post (you can do this by clicking or tapping the topic title, or pressing the home key on your keyboard) and vote in the poll!

2 Likes

I’ve only played the regular shutter once and wide never but the wide angle looks and probably plays better

While we’re at it, am I the only one that loves the bimetal styling? I think more companies should do it. I also read through an old thread before its release and thought it was hilarious that everyone thought it was a bimetal.

2 Likes

It’s certainly unique and I don’t mind it, I’ll likely get one soon.
And my understanding for the confusion about them potentially being bimetal, was that YYF was teasing the next release and ppl jumped to conclusions on social, as many ppl had been hoping for a bimetal shutter for quite some time.
Plus the naming didn’t help (bimetal styling) which I wish they used another way to refer to it, such as polished :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I’m not blaming people for thinking that, it’s almost like YYF and Gentry were trolling to build hype. Like “we see you guys wanted a bimetal Shutter, check this out.”

I just found the whole situation funny.

3 Likes

I only voted because I have nit tried the wa but wanted t know what people thought of it

I’ve not tried or owned a WA because I don’t really like wide yoyos. I had an OG but soldd it because it didn’t really do much for me, and I sure don’t miss it!