does a raw surface create more friction than an anodized one?

I have this half raw, half anodized sleipnir
and noticed that the spin seems to last longer during a horizontal trick when the anodized half is facing upward
and will a longitudinal satin help fix this
/

The major source of friction is the bearing and string rubbing on the walls, so in that respect, yes, finish has some effect on spin. The anodized side will have a bit more friction. Skin friction due to air is minimal.

The anodized side will have a bit less friction.
tested on my other 2 polished throws

OK, but it doesn’t seem logical unless what you refer to as raw is really rough.

It does have the characteristic annular lathe marks but is still polished shiny. I just thought it s the same reason why a blasted finish have less friction on grinds.
by this logic I was considering sanding the catch zone longitudinally
want to make sure

Well, string on aluminium isn’t quite the same as skin on aluminium. This reddit comment explains it pretty well:
Why is there so much friction between glass and skin, although the surface of glass is so smooth?

Polishing the surface of the yo-yo creates less friction between the string and the walls of the yo-yo. The bumpy surface of blasted yo-yos can actually slow the yo-yo down because of increased friction between the walls and the string. Rougher surface = more friction, right? So why do non-blasted yo-yos drastically slow down when they contact skin?

The inverse of the above is true when dealing with friction between skin and the yo-yo surface. Skin conforms to contours on the yo-yo surface, allowing for a large contact area and effectively increasing friction due to adhesion. A rough surface would create less friction because of the reduced contact area with skin.

Sanding the catch zone to a satin finish would be counter-intuitive, because it would only increase friction between the walls and the string.

didnt answer why at all