Does a Half Swap Affect Value?

Half swaps rock. Especially when swapped with a buddy. Swap bros for life.

8 Likes

Yeah, there can be some sentimental value in a half swap. I have a /r/throwers x G2 OC that I half swapped the upvote downvote colors with a friend and he passed away in a car accident less than a year later. Probably never going to get rid of that one, although I hate to even play with it because I’d prefer not to ding that one.

There are also half swaps with interesting stories. I once had an OD MMC that was purple/green half swap with green/purple side effects. According to legend, it once belonged to Matthew Giroux. I slightly regret selling that one.

And sometimes there are other oddities. I have a b-grade GenX that is all blue which is weird because the retail versions were all half swaps. Kind of like finding an all blue Bape somewhere?

3 Likes

Garrett was gracious enough to half-swap an 888 GT for me and another member so I could get an all-black one. In that regard, a half-swap affected the value for me because otherwise I wouldn’t have bought it as I don’t like halves that don’t match.

3 Likes

I think you guys are over complicating things here.

Is one half green? If yes then it increases the value exponentially. If no, then you’re doing yoyo wrong. Shame on you!

Simple.

6 Likes

I see where you’re coming from, but you spelled “blue” incorrectly.

5 Likes