Do you have more budget yoyos or more high end yoyos

im pretty much high end, but some have lost their trade value due to the years passing by X_X,but are retailed at high end, i think i may only have but a few “budget” they are pretty much my plastics though.
which is my northstar,protostar and my rally,the rest of my collection is like 80$$-155$ i think out of those my alamode is at the lower point of price

I keep them in yo-yo cases. I started building some pretty high capacity hard cases for them, so they live in my closet.

318 throws,thats pretty much like stickman level,even though hes like 400+ but pretty muc in the same collector royalty as yourself. thats rediculous girl XD i love it though,definitely throw rich, i have atm 33 Yoyo’s XD waaaaaay less than you my dear. i hope to have a significantly large collectin at some point though.its gonna take me a few years to get to your level of a collector, i would have more to my collection,but i lost my job there for awhile and had to sell a good chunk of my collection :‘( :’( ill get them back one day 8) ;D

Statistically the majority of my collection is budget, but that is because many of the yoyos I really like are in that range, from Fireball to Freehand Zero to Speeder. If none of the “budget” yoyos appeal to me, I will probably own only like two or three high ends.

Hey, I never knew how many throws Stickman owns. I’m happy to know now though, because I was curious. :wink: I get the feeling almost all of his are high ends. He’s been in the game much longer than I have. I’m guessing that I’m at around 350, if I counted them properly. I have a lot of twins and multiples, which makes it harder to count them. My method of listing them makes it hard to get a count without a hassle. I’ll make a spreadsheet eventually, to be more accurate in the future.

Sorry to hear you had to sell some off, but it must be a good feeling that you had something to sell at all. That’s a look on the bright side. It has crossed my mind if I ever had to sell them, what would go first. The last to go would the the YoyoExpert Editions, titaniums and YoyoFactory. The rest would be up for grabs. :-\

thats what i always think too,if i really need money at so e point i always know that i have things that i could move for some cash ^^ so thats always a good thing.the ones i miss, the most is my yogi puffin and green gallionella APe-x and my cyborg,and my Alien galaxy shutter and my ogo pogo bvm1. my babies XD “dey came and took muh babies!” yea i would likee to see an entire pic of your collection or some thing im sure its a bit of a breath taker 8)

I have more budget yoyos

I’m curious - if you guys define high-end yoyos as priced more than $100, do you constitute expensive Japanese bi-metals (generally $200+) as in the same category?

For me, personally, I consider high end from $80 up. I know that it can go far beyond that, but that’s how I view it.

im pretty much the same way, 80$ and up is high end, when you go above 160$ i consider that i guess “higher” end XD i have nothing over 160$$ one day i hope to get myself a palp though and a draupnir,more on the palpitation though looks like a monster

I probably couldn’t spend more than $50 on a Yo-Yo only, myself. Not unless it was a super rare collectible I didn’t have. The Torque with an NSK Bearing and Kitty String floats my boat for my capability spectrum. That would put my Daily Throw in the 65-75ish price rang. My actual, actual collection is probably well over 100 Yo-Yos, once I get a Throw I don’t ever plan to part with it… I have every style Imperial ever made.

The only high end yoyo I have is a Equilateral and that is only because it was included in the 2013 Mystery Box. All of my other throws (30 some) are $50 and under because that is what I can afford.

The only word that comes to my mind is FANTASTIC!
I was driving a 1962 Corvair.

I thought of a photo like that. If I could fit them all in one shot, they would look like ants, and hardly recognizable. Then, if it takes several shots, by zooming in, to show them all, it would be nothing new. I can post multiple photos of my different cases, but I’ve done that before. Maybe a video clip, I’ll stand on a step ladder and zoom in and out so you can see them all at one time haha.

I’m pretty much all high end (GenYo, CLYW, and then some cheaper stuff).

As a 26 year old kid I dream of having a huge Easter egg hunt just with yoyo’s. Don’t know why I thought of that but I did and it sounds amazing.

I own 2 yoyos atm, 1 of them are over $100 retail and one is under (Regen)

I look at yoyos like wine. Just because its expensive doesnt meant that you will like it. I prize value over anything else.

That being said I have more “budget” yoyos in my collection because the ones that I do have all play awesome. It all comes down to return on investment. How much better can a $120 yoyo be from a REALLY good $30 one.

I have a speedaholic and its the one I use the most and it was only $18.

High end. The budget yoyos I have are there so I can laugh at them in between Ti Walker throws.

1 Like

Lol f’n love it!