Do you dislike it when others play with your nice metal yoyo?

I cringe inwardly when my friend plays with my 888x or dm2. I feel like somehow its going to spontaniously combust. He’s a good friend and would toss him a 900,000,000,000 dollar artifact and not worry about it breaking but when it comes to yoyos I just feel like any moment I should be going NOOOOOOO!

Does anybody else feel this way?

sha. my friend dinged my dm2 the other day >:(

My buddy has snapped axles of my favorite yoyos.
I still let him play them without looking back. Because they are toys, and don’t matter. Material objects don’t matter.

1 Like

When people ask to try my yo-yo I let them. It can be my Kickside or my Superstar, I still hand it over.

Well put X.X

Well there he is now!

k

It depends on the yoyo. I wouldn’t hand my friend my very near mint Hatrick, but I handed him my mint raw Essence. He banged it on the roof, but, whatever.

i would die if some on dinged or touched my yoyo beside samad,josh and any other pros

If some touched your yoyo?

I have only two yoyo’s I won’t let just anyone try. They are both 1 of 10 or 1 of 12. Very rare and never to be produced in any fashion. Other than that… I let em go.

yoyofoot it is a peak

I don’t have a nice metal, so ha :stuck_out_tongue:
But in all seriousness, I wouldn’t mind handing one of my better yo-yo’s to a complete newbie. After all, if it gets dinged, then I would be less scared to ding it myself afterward.

I can understand the feeling, having thousands of dollars worth of guitar equipment and some of which I put many hours into such as my Marshall 1959SLP amplifier which I rebuilt completely by hand. This whole yoyo thing is by comparison is much cheaper of a hobby, which is kind of why I’m getting into it. I suppose I can understand if you are a kid and don’t have a job to make quick money to replace a damaged yoyo, but for me I won’t have much concern with handing it over to a friend to try. I think my attachment to my music equipment is mostly sentimental, but as someone already said in this thread, they are only material objects and in most instances can be replaced. Maybe perhaps with something even better, too.

Nah, I think it’s great that they take an interest in my hobbies. I’ll hand over whatever yoyo I have on hand. Even if it’s my pink with purple specks sasquatch and it gets scratched because they are wearing their ring on their throwhand.

So long as there’s carpet I don’t mind. I’m very apprehensive to let some people use them. Anyone who is total ADD off the wall is definitely out of the question.

I don’t because every time I let somebody see it, they ding it. I let a few people throw my DV888.

But at one time, I have a worlds XCV. I let my friend throw it and said “Don’t ding it”. He hit it on the ground and said, “See? No harm done”. He chipped the paint off it and ruined a trade for an ENEME.

if i’m “out and about” in public, i usually carry a yo-yo that i’m not afraid of becoming damaged. i enjoy teaching people and introducing new people to the idea of yo-yo’ing, so i don’t have a problem with letting people try it out.

the occasional ding or scratch is totally worth it, if you can introduce new people to the hobby you love.

Come on people!

It’s okay to let others borrow your yoyos… Even if they accidentally ding it afterward…
For me it’s okay… Because you continue to throw with them… without your yoyo friends… you’ll be throwing alone… and that’s boring… it’s okay to get your yoyos dinged by your friends… as long as you have them… the fun of yoyoing just continue to get higher and higher

And it’s christmas!.. It’s all about sharing!.. share!