Do 2a and 3a players exist?

I’ve been practicing loops for quite a while now, and its a hard slog. Mr Boulay has been very helpful with advice. I can only do 1 hand inside loops and still not super consistant.
The one thing i will say is that when you get a good set of loops going its euphoric, and the tendancy to breakout into song & dance is very hard to suppress. I suppose thats the upside of the mind numbing tedium involved in the practice to get there in the first place. I can see why 2a is perhaps, not so popular.

4 Likes

I can only do outside loops on my right hand, inside loops are much harder for me - left hand is completely out of the question lol

There is more 2a and 3a players than Mobius players.

Lol just wanted to throw that in there.

~Z

5 Likes

Got a pair of Hornets with my Duncan yoyo day order, and they are already collecting dust. I only tried for like 20 minutes, but will go back to them eventually. 3A on the other hand I have not tried as I do not own two of the same throw (not that this is a dis-qualifier). I could probably use two different ones but I don’t know what makes a complimentary pair. Any advice on matching two up? Got a pair of Ti-Vayders I could make a horror story out of too, lol.

Bro ur weird for 2a too wtf, can do outside loops but not inside loops :joy:

At least you didn’t say you can do loops on your left hand but not your right

3 Likes

Honestly 2 raw Ti’s sounds like the perfect 3a pair. Damage doesn’t show as easily, you don’t get that ano burn smell, most durable material, etc. I might consider getting 2 Vayders just for that lol

Using 2 different yoyos isn’t a big issue, ideally similar weight and shape would be nice

I’ve got all the fundamentals for 3a down but that transition from beginner to intermediate is really gettin me considering the lack of material. I’ve been trying to watch videos and tricks and see what seems easiest for me but it’s been a slow journey. Especially since it’s a constant few days on then few weeks off thing for me

But I’m determined to eventually get good at 3a :triumph: It’d sure be nice to have someone to talk 3a with tho

2 Likes

I can loop right handed inside and outside with no problem. I can inside loop left handed but not as smooth as right handed. Both at the same time…? That still seems near impossible. I’d love it if someone had some magic tip that they could share.

Yeah that’s a mystery I haven’t solved yet either. Can’t do anymore than a few 2 handed loops and that’s only if I do a few loops with my left first before I start my right

I got a raw and a black, lol.

I feel this way about 5A. I am still a pile of hot garbage, but hopes are high for next May, lol.

3a May!

But it’s not month 3! It’s month 5! And 3A March doesn’t have the same ring to it, lol.

3a Thursday?

I’m making this a thing

1 Like

Monday - One day
Tuesday - Two day
Wednesday - Huh? What day?
Thursday - The THIRD DAY!

I’m kind of down. If the TiHawk and Richardrunner are close enough in weight I’ll throw them together and hurt both my ears and my heart.

2 Likes

Yeah but Thursday and 3a is the only day and style with a “th” at the beginning!

yes, please!!!

Does anyone #2ATuesday? Is that even a thing? Seems like the Fist Salud crew is doing it in Japan. Might have to go throw my loopers right now.

1 Like

2a Tuesday
3a Thursday
5a Friday

2 Likes

What about fixed axle friday?

2 Likes

Oh forgot about that. It’s ok 5a already has a whole month

Moebius Monday :joy:

2 Likes

I do both and have somehow managed top 5 in each on the national level through the years. :3 need to post more of both to Instagram trick circles sometime though

8 Likes