Direct Reply Icon Question

Yo I keep having this bug where on mobile, if I try to reply to someone directly, it doesn’t mark it as me replying to another person directly. This just happened and I made a point to double checked that it was a direct reply and not the bottom of the page reply so I think it’s a bug. Works like normal on desktop. Like if this has happened to you.

1 Like

Were your replies on mobile the immediate post following what you were replying to? If so that’s a Discourse quirk. People are still alerted as having been replied to, but the visual reply indicator is only shown if there are messages between what you’re replying to.

This is a reply to your OP.

3 Likes

Ooooo nope! Got it thanks! Not sure how I feel about that UX but I get it now at least

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s a questionable choice lol. It seems like people get confused over it a lot and delete/repost stuff thinking their reply didn’t work.

1 Like

Happy cake day @mable

2 Likes

Hah I thought that was just for fun but happy cake day?! Birthday?! Idk what cake day means here omg

You get a slice of cake for the anniversary of when you signed up on the forums, and a full cake for your actual birthday.

I’ve been yoyoing for just a bit over two years now ::partying_face:

3 Likes

Omg! Congrats! Thank you for helping me with all the taws and you’re really good at Yoyo and you always have good grounded takes on whatever topic is being talked about so thank you for contributing to the community here!

1 Like