DIING...

I find that when you need to add character/dings to your yoyo, walking the dog on concrete has a near 100% success rate!

First ding is the deepest

Reference to…
The first cut is the deepest
Baby I know
The first cut is the deepest
But when it comes to bein’ lucky, he’s cursed
When it comes to lovin’ me, he’s worst…???

But then it was all intentional and not special :stuck_out_tongue: lol

@WHOTH3MAN. No, I don’t want to build a snowman! :snowman:️:sunny:️

Leave it in the box.

NOOOOOOOOO!!! ;D

Just have fun with it, but remember to be careful :stuck_out_tongue:

I dinged both my Top Deck and my Igloo the day I bought them, in the stupidest way possible. I had my Top Deck on my holder and when playing the igloo, it smacked against it.

A few weeks later my Top Deck fell out of my backpack and rolled down the sidewalk.

They both have their love makes and still play as good as they did when I first bought them which is what matters most to me :slight_smile:

Ouchiee!

Great to hear they still play as good as they did before :slight_smile:

So most bimetals are prone to dislodging?
There goes my reason to buy bimetals (which is to walk the dog).
If only Ti yoyos don’t cost so much…

you shouldn’t be afraid of dings, just play to improve.
if the yoyo dinged up so much and it become unplayable, there will always be something new and better from manufacturer.

Unless there are collectors item…

Dislodging can happen but doesn’t mean it will always happen, could take a few smacks before it happens.

My Pulsefire’s been smacked a few times and is still fine. I’ve had my Firrox however (never been dinged/unlocked) suddenly get vibe from a ring that mysteriously dislodged itself. Easy fix, I was able to press it back in place by hand and no problems since, and smooth as glass.

Ti yoyos…I believe the Vosun TiMe will be $180 (that’s what I had bought mine for when they were briefly available). No plans on walking the dog with it though :slight_smile:

I guess it’s about time before manufacturers start trying different methods of attaching the ss on the main body.
I’ve always thought that weight rings should be attached by making some small ‘one way’ ridges, initially I didn’t think that they would simply press fit the rings instead. Is it too difficult this way?

*the ridges below are exaggerated, it should be a lot smaller almost like machining line

Press fitting steel rings into aluminum with ridges like that would be like screwing in an axle with a hammer. Probably not a great idea.

1 Like

:joy:

Wouldn’t you almost want that little bit of “wiggle room”? If there wasn’t, when the yoyo would hit the ground there would be a lot more damage to the yoyo. Right now, with the extra give, there is the ability to re-align the rims… Just a thought