dif-e-yo response?

i just got the juggernaut in the mail that i traded for and it binds really suck… it dont bind tight and when u throw it it just seems to drop and not roll off the string. i imagine the pads are worn out but im not real sure because ive never used a difeyo before but i havent had this problem with any of my other throws. has anyone else had this problem with a juggernaut? and what kind of pads do u think are good to replace the old ones?

http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/162/Juggernaut

That says either flowable silicone or Dif-sized pads.  Most pads come in a “Dif” size, like Duncan’s 13.7 mm inner diameter silicone sticker.

-Jacob

It comes stock with Dif pads, which work great with 50/50 string. You can also take out the pads and replace them with flowable silicone if you prefer 100% poly string.

i got a rev-1 overhaul and both of them use .555 pads and when i need to buy new pads im going to try out chaz pads(how well are they in a dif., thanks) so any .555 pad will work

Try cleaning the pads. They may be dirty. They last forever, but they could be worn.
Also Mr. Difeyo highly recommends slick 6 (50/50) string for his yoyos.
Dif-e-yo yoyos - dif pads or replace w/silicone.

as jhb mentioned, the pads may need to be ‘re brushed’. dif pads tend to turn smooth over time, but scuffin’ ‘em up on a pair of jeans or somethin’ may help.

i find that non-responsive string doesn’t work too well w/ dif-pads - i.e. ss/e 2 gstring. so slick 6 or 100% cotton is your best bet. somethin’ w/ a lil’ bulk and grab to it…

and lastly, the yo yo can be siliconed. which i notice most people doin’ these days…i still roll my juggernaut stock. it’s a beautiful thing…

mgodinez

rain…

You can sometimes find a tube of Red RTV silicone for 99 cents at the dollar store. Full price for a tube is about $6 - and you can use that tube to silicone at least 20 yoyos.

not for nothing I had a Juggernaut and it bound pretty crappy for me to. new stock pads chaz pads what ever. Just didn’t bind good at all. Tried many things but the Chaz pads actually worked the best for me. but was still to loose for my liking.