Death of one yoyo club, Birth of another?

It makes me sad to say that the yoyo “club” I have attended for 2 1/2 years has kind of disbanded. For the past few months, it has been me, Preinfalk, and another local guy who “attend.” Most of the time it is just me and Preinfalk, and needless to say, two guys standing around in a giant, almost uninhabited foyer yoyoing is possibly the most awkward thing ever.
One year ago, it was alive and well, and then all of a sudden poof people just disappeared.

So right now, because I live halfway in between two cities(one urban, one more rural), I might try starting up a yoyo club in the rural city because I have met several people who live out there who are interested in yoyoing.

Any tips you can give on the subject will be appreciated.

Set it up near a pizza place or a McDonalds! Ppl like food and drink it isn’t required but it nice to have food near a hang out spot

If you go to school, do demos to get people interested, refer them here where they can buy a yoyo or learn more about them, bring throws and let people try them, get people interested. Then see if people want to join your club. If there are a few people, great! Arrange a meeting spot and have fun!

Our club started with two people and slowly we grew our #s and now we have a list of 20 plus guys. Not everyone can show up everytime but if you keep it consistent … They will come out. Also take pictures so that people can see that there are people meeting. Check out our club page. Our first official meet had four people but now we are doing really well. We even had some sponsored players come hang with us like Drew white from G2 and recently Ann Connolly. Just don’t give up.

What he said. ^ Never, ever, give up. The N.H. yoyo club started with a few people… The last time I was able to make it there were 20+ people there… It was awesome! Graeme Stellar, Dan Dietz, and Andre Boulay plan to make it in April… We are having a fundraiser sort of thing for a friend of mine who has cancer. :slight_smile: Anyway, yeah, our clubs going great… Just keep hope… It can only get better!

If you’re very social, try a mall. There are always people that want to try (not too many that it gets annoying) and people that are interested. I even ran into someone else that was very skilled, and had never even heard of yoyo forums or clubs.

I can’t wait for the fundraiser/contest/birthday party!
Are you putting together a 1 min prelim, Matt?

Also, consider not just throwing meets, but throwing events. I do an annual BBQ in the summer that always turns out fantastic.