Dark Magic review

The Dark Magic yoyo is André Boulay’s signature YoYoJam yoyo.

For many years now the YoYoJam Dark Magic yo-yo has been a true weapon of choice for casual players as well as those at the very top of the competition ladder. In fact the Dark Magic yoyo has been used to take multiple national titles as well as podium placings at the World Yo-Yo Contest. Truly making the Dark Magic as a modern day classic.

Featuring a slightly oversized profile for easy string catches, hybrid response for tight response and excellent suicides and a long spinning large size YoYoJam bearing, the Dark Magic yoyo has the tools to be an excellent asset to any level of player.

Here are the sizes:

Manufacturer YoYoJam
Shape Butterfly / Wing

Weight (g) 70.60
Width (mm) 41.31
Diameter (mm) 56.34
Gap Width (mm) 3.40
Bearing Size (Inside x Outside x Width) .250 x .500 x .187 in
Gap Type Adjustable
Stock Response System YYJ Hybrid

Preformance:
The Dark Magic is an amazing yoyo for only $40. The spin times are respectable. The thumb grinds are okay. All other grinds, except for hand grinds, are great. The yoyo is pretty smooth, not the smoothest but good for price. Does very well with multiple strings in the gap. The yoyo is heavy providing great spin times, but harder whips and slower tricks.

Comfort:
I love the shape, it fits my hand like a glove. You need to take out the caps to do real thumb grinds, when i grinding now it hurts from the logo. I would suggest thet you sand them down.

Comparison:
The only other real yoyo I have is a Yomega Hot Shot. They are about the same height, but the DM has much wider gaps, and is a better quality yoyo. This yoyo is only O.k. compered to the wooly marmot. Even though it was $120 i think it was worth every penny out of my dad’s wallet.
Final Thoughts:
An excellent yoyo for Intermediete players. Not good for the first yoyo and not so good for advanced.

Good review.

Some constructive criticism(I hope you don’t mind)
Just a few spelling mistakes here and there. Also, try to add more to the review. Stuff like comparisons to other yo-yos. If you haven’t already, look at this thread for really great advice on reviewing yo-yos:

Anyways, I’d show you my thumbs up, but I can’t. :frowning:

Nice review!! :smiley:

1 Like