D Bearing Throws?

Oxygene (and Bist) and ILYY (with the only exceptions of the Saint-eel (@_void) which has a bearing D and recent models I think… after 2016, all C-size) have always used bearings of size L (which are nothing more than bearings of size C but with slightly varied dimensions because metric and not in inches).
Other models available both with C bearings and with D bearings … VsNYYC SkyWalker (opss! sorry @888alltheway only now Iseen your post!)

P.S. if I remember correctly, there are also very few specimens (from 3 to 6 pieces maximum) of Bear vs man with bearing D (maybe they were the Team edition ??? bho many years have passed now!)

3 Likes

Bassalope was never d only a and c

3 Likes

Came here to mention the Fragment also.

And then there’s the YYR Uragment (basically another Fragment version), and the YYR CLASHcube, all D-bearing too.

2 Likes

I don’t rent any d bearing ones but they had a couple prototypes and test colors with size A.

3 Likes

My mistake!
Time passes and memory deceives me, thanks for the correction!

2 Likes

Aside from the Saint Eel we made D-size bearing runs for the Rocket and the Enigma.

4 Likes

Thanks for the clarification I did not remember.
Many Bist models also had D-sizes

2 Likes

Duncan Hugo z hor

2 Likes

Thanks fam. List coming along nicely. Can anyone point out any that are currently “in production”. To clarify that I mean something like the Kun (out of stock at present, but restocking eventually), and NOT the Euphonious (which may still have a couple available, but will not be run again).

2 Likes

good gravy that list grew quick! the freshly dirty are the more recently i recall…

2 Likes

B!st
Competizione
Competizione Evo
Centauro
Pegasus
Hydra
Hydra2 (aka H2)
Stradivari
… And many mods

Oxygene
Nobody

1 Like

The production version of the hspin Gorylla also came with a D-size bearing.

2 Likes

I had the one of these: American Yo-Yo Association | YoYo Wiki | Fandom

The only thing I liked about it, was that I sold it for $400!!! I’d love to try something else with a D bearing.

2 Likes

So far I only have the Euphonious. Gonna grab a Kun if @AndreBoulay and @YoYoExpertGarrett ever get their act together and post the restock.

3 Likes

The Kun is definitely worth having.

I think the Kun might win out in a poll, but I play with the flea much more.

2 Likes

One more I can remember would be the Throw Down Shuriken mini made of carbon steel. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oof. Sounds deadly.

Carbon steel? I remember the model well but I remembered this thing.
Very particular choice, given the tendency it has to oxidize.
Actually, already from new it had a quite dark color … Very interesting!

there are crazy people around!
:joy:

Made the mistake of googling it. Ever see one for sale? Break it toe gentle.

It was coated in manganese phosphate (gunmetal).

@adamantiumpops there was only one run - maybe 150 pieces. I’ve seen some over the years. Sold mine a few years ago. Hard to find now over a decade after release.

2 Likes