Custom painted throws who's interested?

Yeah ano is out my realm, I’m familiar with the process but iv never tried it!

1 Like

Ano is cleaner and probably last longer than paint. Paint will rub off faster than ano. Also if you ding up a painted yoyo it will have a butterfly affect on the rest of the art work as to anodizing. If you look around at some peoples ano works you will find that most people have it down to science. I meant take the same aspects of art in car painting to anodizing. That is all.

As with powder coating, I think it has to be assumed that it will be nearly impossible to have a painted yo-yo be completely smooth, especially with many layers.

That’s not to say it shouldn’t be tried, I just think anyone wanting to try it, needs to be aware of it.

2 Likes

For sure, concessions will have to be made

1 Like

Somebody did something like this several years back and posted photos. I remember a deep dark purple with flake that had a rainbow effect when tilted. Beautiful to look at, but I don’t remember about durability.

Matthewnewton, you might be able to pull this off with your experience and access to proper equipment.

HOC Kandy Cobalt Blue with airbrushed lightening. Just saying.

2 Likes

Brett Grimes used to paint yoyo’s and has video’s of it as well on the net.

2 Likes

There were a few people painting yoyos awhile back, on TheYo. Taurbaby mostly painted with an airbrush with a clear coat. Atomic Cow and Luke Vader mostly painted clear yoyos from the back side. They did a lot of sparkles. Readily available pics went away w/the demise of TheYo.

3 Likes

Found some pics of the stuff AC and Luke Vader did. They collaborated on a number of these, with AC doing the paint and Luke doing the silicone rings.
Duncan FHZs (clear yoyo, painted on the inside)
lv_fh1
lv_fh2
lv_fh3
lv_fh4
ac_fhz

YYJ HM (clear yoyo, painted on inside):
ac_hm1
ac_hm2
ac_hm4
ac_hm5

3 Likes

Yeah, I did a couple on the inside of a clear FHZ back then.

yoyo

FHZ%20-%20Sunlit

6 Likes