Custom leather holsters

This is awesome… I’m sincerely impressed by the craftsmanship here.

4 Likes

Thank you.

2 Likes

Agreed!! Leatherwork ain’t easy and seemed to put this together pretty fast!! We’ll done.

4 Likes

Thank you. I’m a quick learner and YouTube is a great resource to learn just about anything. I did have to invest in tools but I’m sure I can recoup that money pretty quickly once I start selling them. I really want to be able to make high end products. Whatever I sell I want people to be able to see the quality and craftsmanship. These are expensive pieces we carry around with us, I want to make a holster worthy of carrying and protecting them.

6 Likes

If you start selling these I would definitely buy one.

3 Likes

They are getting better looking every day!

15 Likes

13 Likes

Are you running into any issues with the metal on metal contact of the bottom snap with the yoyo?

3 Likes

I’m gluing a piece of felt over the snap on the inside to try and protect the yo-yo like the OG TK. I’m expecting some holster wear from the leather rubbing on the anodizing after long use. It happens to guns so I’m just assuming. But hopefully the felt does what I want.

8 Likes

This is more what I was looking for! I just need to learn how to burnish the edges nicely.

15 Likes

Stitching is improving. For Burnishing, I used the Body of a medium sized Permanent Marker. Its all about speed and repetition not pressure. You are looking for heat through friction.

Felt lining the holster, love that concept.

3 Likes

This is the rarest TK holster I own. Never seen another. I like your work.

10 Likes

I have never seen one of those before. :+1:
And thank you.

3 Likes

Got some ready. What should I charge? I know they’re not perfect but they are made well out of good materials.

8 Likes

Thirty bucks?

2 Likes

I would definitely pay $30, no question.

2 Likes

35 for B Grade? 40-45 for A Grade?

2 Likes

No they are all b grade. The larger size cost more plus there is more sewing involved. And I added 5 for shipping. They are b grade because the lines aren’t perfect, but they are built to use daily.

3 Likes

Do you have one that would fit a La’Grange TI by Lathed Back Design? (quite small)

Maybe one that would fit either in the photo?

Thanks, Jeff

1 Like

13 Likes