Custom anodizer wanted

I have this half-swapped Chief that I would like stripped and re-anodized. I hate half-swaps!

Since Gruntbull closed his doors to private individuals I’m not sure who to approach.

6 Likes

Oh noooo Gruntbull doesn’t do anodizing in batches of 1-3 any more??

2 Likes

I remember reading somewhere that some people who weren’t happy with the anodization would go out of their way to voice their negative opinions about Gruntbull as a result. The little profits being made from these one-off jobs weren’t enough to justify continuing to offer the service. (Disclaimer: This is purely from memory, so take it with a grain of skepticism)

3 Likes

From what I understand. I may be wrong but he stopped a while back.

1 Like

I emailed them a few weeks ago asking about a few yoyos and he didn’t say anything about not doing small runs - I was only asking for them to be stripped though!

2 Likes

This was my understanding too though I know he did do work for some folk he knew and trusted.

1 Like

Really? Ok, thanks that’s useful information. I’ll drop him a line.

Dude, that chief looks rad, I’d keep it as it is!

Brian Melford is doing alright now and he’s a good lad. Give him a DM on instagram

5 Likes

Half swaps just aren’t for me. I’ve got a lot of Chiefs but this is the only one I feel the need to alter.

1 Like

Fair enough, to each his own! What have you got planned for it colour wise?

At this moment I’m not entirely sure though I like the idea of a maple drip design on a Chief.

2 Likes