Current Top 5 Favorite Players?

This topic comes up every now and then but my favorites change a little every year with new players coming up and old players improving so I’m interested in hearing who everyone’s current favorites are.

In no particular order my top 5 are:

1. Ryuichi Nakamura, love his playstyle and charisma.
  2. Yuki Nishisako, one of my favorites to watch and he was my favorite player BEFORE he got 3rd at worlds as an underdog
  3. Takeshi Matsuura, he’s actually a god. enough said
  4. Colin Beckford, very balanced and knowledgable player
  5. Shion Araya, lots of skill, underappreciated imo despite being the most successful 1a player in recent years

Honorable mention to Rei Iwakura, my favorite X-division player for years now. Love Alex Hattori as well.

6 Likes

welp now to binge watch all world contest finals for the past 10 years :thinking:

My all time list would probably include Mickey and Iori but they haven’t been very active in a while. I listed my current favorites from the past year or two.

Mark Montgomery- I can watch him just flow for hours.
Jensen Kimmit- doesn’t seem to put out a lot of videos lately but everything is really impressive, kind of like he’s just saying “hey did you know you could do this?”
Tony Sec- incredibly versatile and has some just mind blowing tricks.
Colin Beckford- very smooth and clean combos and very strong competition player.
Doc Pop- do I really need to explain?

4 Likes

In no particular order:
Paul Kerbel
Takeshi Matsuura
Hajime Miura
Shu Takada
Nate Daly

4 Likes

Tony Sec
Keiran Cooper
Takeshi Matsuura
Hajime Miura
Remy Baskin

4 Likes

jensen kimmitt
tyler vienneau
yuuki spencer
keiran cooper
alann herrera

Alann Herrera… Forgot about him, haven’t heard that name in a while. I remember he taught me the basic green triangle when I was still a noob starting out. He used to be pretty active on these forums like 6+ years ago.

1 Like

Tyler Vienneau
Jensen
Joe Davies (@coleslawjow) on insta
@EOS44
And the one and only Remy Baskin. That kid is nuts.

3 Likes

Kyle Nations
Ed Haponik
Sunshine Jimmy
Doctor Popular
Ness with that yoyo in smash bros

3 Likes

@andy569 Ryuichi has the cleanest and most integral frontstyle combo i’ve ever seen. Proof:

Edit:
Since you can’t tell me what to do, i’ll list more than 5.

1. Jenny K
  2. Luis Enrique VIllaseñor
  3. Alexis JV
  4. Tony Sec
  5. Alex Gallimore
  6. Ryota Ogi
  7. Hirotaka Akiba
  8. Jakub Plader

This list is always changing and theres players i like that equally deserve to be there, but those are the ones that come to my mind right now.

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Yeah I absolutely love that combo

Great speed play and horizontal

Also I think Ryota Ogi would’ve been my 6th as well lol

1 Like

Remy Baskin
Colin Beckford
Keiran Cooper
Ayumu Harada
Michael Kurti

Evan Nagao, Remy Baskin, Luna Harren, Paul Harness, Zac Carlin

-Paul Kerbel
-Evan Nagao
-Chandler Steele
-keiran cooper

I’ve got tons of respect for large slacks, whips, and suicides that people manage to land on stage. It’s nuts.

:yo-yo:

1 Like

too many