Cubing Corner

Hey guys I got into cubing a while ago and can get my time down to about a minute with a simple beginner method. I started learning the f2l method and have been practicing for like a month but my time using the f2l method is still like 1:30-2:00 minutes. any suggestions for getting faster with f2l? Any and all help is appreciated.

Ayyy nice. I really like the air too, gonna try to make an air m with blue springs. Seems like that would be the best mix of speed corner cutting and stability.

do you know all the f2l pairs?

blue springs? I didn’t get blue springs with mine; i only got yellow, white, orange, and red. I’m using yellow right now

Yes I know the move sets for all the variations if that’s what you mean.

keep practicing then. your time will decrease eventually. But if you want more advice than that, learn to distinguish the pairs which can be done with only R, R’, U’, U, L, and L’ turns from those which cannot.

15.78 ao5. Beats my previous record by 0.15

yellow are my second favorite. I purchased the extra sets separately.
8.41 ao5 with 7.60 mo3. Both pb’s.

nice. what mo3?

mean of 3. Basically an average of 3 solves in a row

9.82 OH single my biggest cubing goal has been achieved.

Hey guys I keep running into this orientation where one side is solved and the other three sides look like this. Is there a specific algorithm to solve this or do i just have to orientate and then do the permeation like usual? Thanks guys :grinning:

http://badmephisto.com/pll.php

“N” algorithm at the bottom of the list.  Pineapple Jumpsuit might have a better one.

Thanks! :+1:

Nice little setup. :smiley:

it’s actually a jb perm
R U R’ F’ R U R’ U’ R’ F R2 U’ R’

either one of those Gans an ultimate?

Other news I now have a 10.01 official single, somehow can’t get sub 10 in comp. however I did get a 12.02 one handed single officially which I am more than happy about.

Nope both air and I’m on the fence about a UM. :-\

I couldn’t resist a UM

I can solve a 3x3 in about 20 seconds, I can also solve a megaminx in like 50.

wat.
50 on mega is crazy fast

1 Like