Crosscut by Yoyofriends - Titanium H/W Shaped Yo-Yo! - Available Saturday 02/17/24 - 8pm ET!

Crosscut_Feature

In 2023, yoyofriends aimed to launch a distinctive titanium yoyo, diverging from designs like Ti Sunbird and Ti Koi. The focus was on an H-shaped titanium model for superior stability and control, drawing inspiration from the popular shortcut – a hybrid H/W shaped monometal with six even cuts, known for its striking appearance.

Tony Sung, a player with yoyofriends, suggested retaining these cuts in the titanium model. However, after discussions, yoyofriends decided to tweak the profile, infusing more H shape for a unique feel and enhanced playability, inspired by their H-shaped lineup featuring the Vulture and Tachyon, known for stability.

Raw-Crosscut Raw-Crosscut-02 Raw-Crosscut-03

Inspired by the Vulture, yoyofriends simplified the cut to 2 on the inside profile, creating a hybrid of H and W shape, further enhancing stability with a subtly shifted weight distribution. After testing multiple prototypes, the 2-cut design with a more pronounced H shape was selected for production. The transition from 6061 to titanium didn’t significantly reduce weight, as the new design already offered heightened stability, emphasizing power and control.

The yoyofriends Crosscut will be available worldwide on Saturday February 17th @yoyoexpert @theyoyosam @rewindyoyo @yoyo_loco @circusexpert.nl @spingear @yoyovillage @topsyo (in a later date) and the yoyofriends …

Released as the mystery Ti yoyo in the black Friday mystery box, the Crosscut garnered positive feedback for its power, stability, and controllability. Naming proved challenging, but “Crosscut” emerged, connecting subtly to the shortcut. Yoyofriends hopes enthusiasts enjoy the Crosscut, their robust titanium model designed for powerful, stable, and controlled performance.

14 Likes

My wife will be pissed, but had to add it to the collection! :skull:

Anyone else?

6 Likes

I’d love to do the same, but ‘pissed’ doesn’t even begin to describe what that purchase would result in! Please tell me that it’s just a so-so performer and that it’s nothing special so that I won’t feel bad about missing out on it :grinning:

2 Likes

As I’m 15 years old, I can’t afford a wife, so it’s not a problem. On the other hand I can’t afford this yoyo either, so I guess I wasted my time typing this reply

9 Likes

I just ordered mine!
My gf was skeptical but i‘m turning 30 in a couple of weeks so i had to spoil myself with my first Ti in the collection.

6 Likes

15 years old and already smart enough to know what makes a marriage expensive :joy:

6 Likes

In the Crosscuts’ favor…… that $260 price tag makes it one of the least expensive Titanium’s available today.

Simply based on the History of higher performance yo-yos produced by Yoyofriends, there is a high probability of the Crosscut being a top level yoyo.

The Great news for people that just can’t afford a Titanium yo-yo at most any price, is that there are probably 150 non titanium yo-yos that can easily provide everything for you but the tricks.

…. I remember decades ago when I was a kid, Schwinn released the Stingray bicycle. High handlebars… a banana seat… fancy paint colors… fat little tires/waaaay back then, it was a Little Legend/must buy of a bike.

There was a place down the street from my house> Kings Bicycles. He had a whole row of Stingray bikes, probably about 2 dozen.

I used to walk down there, just to walk down the row and stare at every one of them.

I was a kid…. My Dad wouldn’t let me do any kind of chores for anybody: no lawn mowing or cleaning or washing cars or whatever else kids could do to make some money.

The Local News Paper(the San Pedro News Pilot) posted up flyers. The people was asking kids that whoever wanted to go door-to-door and get 50 people in their part of town to take the paper on a paper route(what they call 50 starts), As long as the subscribers took the paper for three months, Those kids would be given a free Schwinn stingray bike with newspaper saddlebags to deliver the papers on their new route. No other strings attached.

I told my dad! Hey Pop, I can get a bike almost for free if I start doing a paper for 50 people. My dad said that’s not free. You know how long it’s gonna take you to go door-to-door and talk 50 people in buying a three months subscription to that newspaper? I said no Pop, But I would certainly make the effort just to get that bicycle. It’s the best bicycle in the world. My dad said. Forget about it.

Not trying to jack the thread at all just wanna give you guys a life experience that boils down to the same result that other stories that 50 other people might tell you.

There’s always something that people are gonna want that they can’t afford. There are people with motorcycles that love the motorcycles, but wish they had a Porsche. There are people with Porsches. They wish they had a McLaren. And there are people with McLarens That dream about Veyrons.

There are many reasons that people mess with yo-yos. Some people just collect them, put them in cases. Some people collect them put them in cases, but take them out on a regular basis to throw them around. Some people get yo-yos irregardless of the cost they’re afraid to throw them because he might smack them into something and scratch them. Some people are so worried about the resale price of a yo-yo they bought that they don’t even enjoy it because they’re afraid to lose too much money. If it has a ding in it and then they try to sell it, some people get an expensive yo-yo and just throw it over concrete asphalt and try to be careful but not even care if they smack it into something. Because they got the yo-yo as a tool or a toy to learn some tricks. They didn’t get it as an investment for the future in case they ever need to cash it in and buy a new pair of shoes. There are probably 50 different reasons people get into yo-yos, probably more.

Obviously getting any kind of new yo-yo regardless of the price tag, or the material that it’s made out of where the legendary status of the company making it or the signature model it is it all boils down to the same thing. If you want to learn some tricks and have some fun, You don’t need the best of everything. You just need some decent equipment and the right attitude.

I would have no problem betting good money that the crosscut is going to be an excellent playing yo-yo. Just don’t feel bad if you can’t afford it.

Just shrug your shoulders, and buy a Papercut.

6 Likes

It’s a really good all arounder, my closest comparison would be my Antithesis but more solid and with a bit of that “on rails” feeling you can get from bimetals in particular. It doesn’t have a special titanium feeling really, but its a very good yoyo that you can play for a long time and makes a good durable edc.

Also mine has some poking from the axle in one of the cups, so be careful with that.

2 Likes

came here for yoyos, left crying from nostalgia, melancholy and missing my parents :sob::sob::sob:

Do you mean it’s poking on the outside cup? Like when it is over tightened?
Thanks!

Yeah, just a small bump. I think it came like that, but I only noticed it after like a month which sucks.

1 Like